Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Ideas with wat to mods to do to my engine

Started by jmz-anth · 5 Aug 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

jmz-anthArchived member
Alright, I have a 2004 V6 VZ.. (I know lol a 6) BUT as of November I'm off my green P's so I'm now gonna start planning on getting something done to this little engine. Iv always wanted something with turbo? Would any of u guys reckon I should turbo it OR put an 8 in it or wtf shed I do lol would love some ideas and if so were would u recommend to go? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Sell it and buy a v8, you'll save yourself a lot of time and money that way. And you could swap any parts over you want to keep too.
0 likes
jmz-anthArchived member
That's true!
0 likes
ilegalfunArchived member
alloytechs arent very good for power unless you turbo them, and the money you spend doing that, you could just sell your car, keep your bits and pieces, buy an 8, get a cammed tuned, heads done and have the same power, more reliably and probably cheaper if your lucky, and not only that youl be able to get even more power down the track. no matter what you do to a 6 it will NEVER, match an 8.
0 likes
jmz-anthArchived member
I thought of jus getting a 5.7 ltr in it and get it worked? I wanna have my car as a project, not an every day car...
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
You also have to think of the running gear(engine, transmission, diff, brakes blah blah) will cope with the increase of power. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
I agree.... sell the VZ Berlina and buy a VZ SS.... will work out cheaper in the long run
0 likes
jmz-anthArchived member
THAT'S A FAIR POINT!! didn't think of that at all.. Mite keep the vz as a daily then as I payed cash for it anyways and I'll get an ss Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BumpArchived member
Yeah maybe if you want to do anything to the car now, you should do it with resale value in mind so you can get top dollar for it and buy an SS. Maybe just detail it and put in an aftermarket sound system and whatever else you think will increase its resale value. Thats my opinion anyway.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,661 threads, 100,272 posts and 1,279 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved