Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi guys,which one do i buy.The 86mm or 87mm bore size cometic gasket.My block has 20 thou oversized pistons.Any expert advice,thanks
0 likes
did u end up finding out cos im in the same boat. 20thou over cp pistons and not sure what to do.
0 likes
87mm bore..
20thou = 86.5mm bore so an 86 won't fit
0 likes
Ive used cometic gaskets on a number of engines, and have to say have had some unhappy results. So far the MLC's gasket to me have been faultless. Just a thought.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMASTER
[View Post]
Ive used cometic gaskets on a number of engines, and have to say have had some unhappy results. So far the MLC's gasket to me have been faultless. Just a thought.
must be doing something wrong because I have only ever used cometic and never had a problem.....
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERIF
[View Post]
must be doing something wrong because I have only ever used cometic and never had a problem.....
A few of the big boys e.g.; Kanaris has also stated to me that he's even had a few issues with them, intact he's the one that suggested i try the mls. So far so
good bit I'm yet to turn up the boost.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERIF
[View Post]
must be doing something wrong because I have only ever used cometic and never had a problem.....
Buy the way Sherif i must admit I'm very impressed with your car lol.
well done.
0 likes
What exactly was the "problem" they had with them?
0 likes