Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

what is wrong with my car !??

Started by forcd6 · 23 July 2012 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

forcd6Archived member
Hey guys I've got a 2000 model vx calais and on idle it's fine But as soon as you touch the accelerator it coughs And splatters and won't rev up or it will just die It drives if you just keep your foot steady on the accelerator But if you put your foot down it doesn't rev up or go faster . Or again just dies in the ass . I ve changed Plugs Leads coil pack Air flow meter Put injector cleaner in Checked fuses etc Does anyone know what this could be ? It's driving me crazy ! Any help appreciated Cheers guys
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Fuel pump/Fuel Filter
0 likes
aus880Archived member
something blocking the air filter or intake? i had similar problem and that was it
0 likes
AVL012345Archived member
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=259061 I'm having the same problem in the R31. I tried the Pod Aus, didn't help much as it was relatively clean.
0 likes
forcd6Archived member
That's what I was thinking but Thort if it starts and idels Alright I Thort the fuel pump would be okay but might be faulty under Load ? Yeah I checked that aus but it's all good Or yeah the fuel filter is blocked and only just letting enough fuel Through for idle Especially that my misses just brought this car a week Then all this happens the second day of having it had to replace A alternator
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
Quote: what is wrong with my car !?? There's a couple of things you haven't checked that can cause that such as :- - Restricted fuel filter - Leaky fuel pressure regulator - Faulty fuel pump, blocked inlet sock - Water in the fuel - Blocked or leaking fuel injectors To me that sounds like you have poor fuel delivery or something like that with the fuel system.
0 likes
vltrb-0Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by forcd6 [View Post] Hey guys I've got a 2000 model vx calais and on idle it's fine But as soon as you touch the accelerator it coughs And splatters and won't rev up or it will just die It drives if you just keep your foot steady on the accelerator But if you put your foot down it doesn't rev up or go faster . Or again just dies in the ass . I ve changed Plugs Leads coil pack Air flow meter Put injector cleaner in Checked fuses etc Does anyone know what this could be ? It's driving me crazy ! Any help appreciated Cheers guys reset your tps is a cheap/fast and easy one to rule out
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,931 threads, 91,225 posts and 1,227 images saved from CT

34.8% of indexed threads saved