Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys,
Just a quick question. Was wondering if I was to buy shortened shocks and use them with the standard springs would they cause any sort of problems??
My shocks are a bit rooted and am planned to lower the car at some point but don't really want to buy shocks and springs all round just yet.
Any feedback would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Alex.
0 likes
It's a bit of a waste of time and money to do it separately, especially if you're having to pay someone to do it for you. The rears are very simple to do, and can be swapped out in around an hour, but the springs will drop out when you have removed the shocks, so you might as well put new springs in at the same time! The front will take a lot longer to do, and is more involving. Depends on your level of knowledge if you can do this or not. Same deal as the rear though - once the shock it removed, the spring is free to be replaced. You will also need a wheel alignment after doing all of this.
0 likes
If it's just the rears you can do them now, but don't bother with the fronts as already mentioned it will cost you twice
0 likes
Thanks for the feedback but Im not worried about taking them out a second time as I have done shock and spring replacements before so thats no issue for me.
I was just wondering if it will damage the shorter shocks using them with the standard springs? I just don't want to go to the trouble of replacing my shocks with shorter ones then by the time I get my king springs to have to renew them all again.
I just have a feeling next WOF I go for they will fail me for shocks, also there is no point me putting standard shocks in all round when I will be replacing them when i get king springs anyway.
Thanks in advance
0 likes