Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Strut Body Rust

Started by Stu165 · 20 July 2012 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Stu165Archived member
I've just pulled apart my front suspension and have found under the boot on the strut body that quite a bit of rust has eaten it away. I'm not particularly comfortable putting them back in that state. Anyone know if the actual strut body can be bought new? Otherwise I will have to chase up a second hand pair.
0 likes
jbonezArchived member
Throw up some pictures if you can figure it out is the rust under the spring where it seats or where is it ?
0 likes
Stu165Archived member
Here's a couple of photos, the pictures don't quite show the full extent of the pitting. This is the first I've pulled a strut apart so I don't know if this is common or not. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
swiftmanArchived member
Looks like its fairly deep, I'd be looking for a decent 2nd hand set, im not sure if You can buy them new
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
Photos aren't showing ---------- Post added 22-07-12 at 13:25 ---------- [QUOTE=Stu165] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,520 threads, 87,403 posts and 1,149 images saved from CT

33.6% of indexed threads saved