Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Replacement external fuel pumps

Started by NZ_GTS · 19 July 2012 · 15 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NZ_GTSArchived member
What aftermarket external fuel pumps are you guys running? I have a funny feeling mine has cr4pped itself, so I need a replacement. Seen these on Trade Me - look like a good price http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-494880244.htm (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/fuel-systems/auction-494880244.htm) I'm guessing they don't come with fittings to suit VLs though? Car currently isn't running, and although I'm yet to do a flow test, I'm fairly certain the external pump has died (was upgraded only two years ago). I have installed a brand new in-tank pump (was on to-do list anyway) and fuel filter, but it has not fixed the problem. Car will idle roughly, but apply any throttle and it will die.
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
why would you run these if you can buy a grunt performance 044 for $80? come with same warranty and are a proven product?
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
Hey grunter01 whats the cost of shipping to NZ ?
0 likes
6bangrArchived member
Hi nz gts, I've ran a walbro pump in my vl and Zr4 for a couple of years now and never had any issues. I think they're only rated to 500hp not 700hp like your bosch, But are about $100 cheaper. Are you sure its the pump and not the wiring ? A few mates of mine have had issues with there commodore external pumps and its turned out to be the connection or wiring to the pump. Not sure about the bosch but the walbro pumps are pretty noisey ! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
500 or 700hp doesn't really matter - both are overkill really! Just looking at this stage. The car has been running sweet for a year now, and it has only just decided to stop. I'll look over the wiring at the weekend though. The pump used to be quite noisy, then a couple of weeks ago it noisier, and now there is hardly any noise! I was never really sure though which pump it was that made the all the noise, chances are though, it was the external one.
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIKVLT [View Post] Hey grunter01 whats the cost of shipping to NZ ? +1. That's cheap!
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
no problem i will work it out for you guys, but I'm sure it wouldn't be any more then $100 all up for a 044 to your door but i will check and post up here for you guys.
0 likes
tubular2Archived member
yip im keen for one at that price also grunter Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
Well I just flow tested both pumps, and it's looking like the external pump has shat itself. Intank pump is flowing at least 1 litre in 30 seconds (correct amount), external pump is slowing the flow to under half a litre in the same time. Is there anything else I can check before splashing out on a new pump?
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
check the voltage to the pump
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
Pump definitely has power to it (11 volts). But it is a certainly a lot quieter than it used to be, and seems to vibrate less. A week before it failed it was noisier than it had ever been so clearly something in it is stuffed.
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
yeah they normally go noisy then they fail, also i havent had a chance to get to to post office yet for the pricing to NZ i do appoligies for that but will try and get there asap. ---------- Post added 23-07-12 at 16:40 ---------- The 044 pumps would be $105 each delivered to you on Pack and Track international Auspost. Let me know guys if you are still interested
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
Cheers man. I need my car for the weekend, so I'm probably going to have to pass as I doubt I can get one off ya in time. However, I'm sure you'll get a few sales from the guys over here.
0 likes
tubular2Archived member
yip i am keen . that is an awesome price delivered man!! i will pm you grunter in a month or so when i have the funds . cheers
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
no problem guys,
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
Hey grunter01 pm me your details i'll grab a 044 off ya
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,931 threads, 91,225 posts and 1,227 images saved from CT

34.8% of indexed threads saved