Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Just thought I would try this as a bit of fun.To see if I can learn anything or share a bit of knowlage.
First quizz
How many gearbox's were there in the humble Vl range?And what was their code? And what Model did they go into?
Cheers Marty
0 likes
Two auto and manual
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Can't do all the codes off the top of my head,
This is from my head only not google cheating,
Vl group a ss walkinshaw t5g
Vl group a ss Brock t5
Vl v8 trimatic, berlina, Calais,
Vl turbo 5 speed mx7, berlina, sl, bt1, Calais
Vl turbo auto, berlina, sl, bt1, Calais, f1.
Vl 3L auto, Calais, berlina, royal, Sl, vacationer.
Vl 2L auto, berlina, vacationer.
Vl 3L manual, gts, berlina, vacationer, sl.
Vl 2L manual, berlina, vacationer.
0 likes
turbo auto ms1
turbo manual mx7
non turbo manual mf5
non turbo auto ?
surely dan or mike will know all of th codes off the top of their heads
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNONT2
[View Post]
surely dan or mike will know all of th codes off the top of their heads
Well i do have an abnormally large head
2 Litre Manual - ME7
2 Litre Auto - ML4
3 Litre Manual - MF5
3 Litre Auto - ML4
Turbo Manual - MX7
Turbo Auto - MS1
V8 Auto - M40
V8 Manual - M39 (5 Speed for Group A and Walky)
M78 (5 Speed Option for V8)
Far as I'm aware 2 Litre and 3 Litre has the same Auto Box but I stand to be corrected
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-Dan
[View Post]
Well i do have an abnormally large head
2 Litre Manual - ME7
2 Litre Auto - ML4
3 Litre Manual - MF5
3 Litre Auto - ML4
Turbo Manual - MX7
Turbo Auto - MS1
V8 Auto - M40
V8 Manual - M39 (5 Speed for Group A and Walky)
M78 (5 Speed Option for V8)
Far as I'm aware 2 Litre and 3 Litre has the same Auto Box but I stand to be corrected
!00% correct,As for the M39 I know that the box was beefed up(BT5G) for the walky but was unsure if holden keep't its same I.D.The 2 litre auto and manual boxs(non turbo) were the same(unsure why the change of id)But if you take that into account there were 6 different gearbox's.
Cheers guys that one was to simple.Will post another tonite.
Cheers Marty
---------- Post added 12-07-12 at 19:10 ----------
Looks as there IS a difference between the 2/3 litre gearboxs's(non turbo)
2 litre manual 1st gear is 3.592 to the 3 litre manual is 3.321.
And the auto 2 litre is 2.842 the the 3 litre auto is 2.458.
So that is why the change of ID,It had me wondering so that is why I hunted up.So Dan we stand corrected!!
Cheers Marty
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes