Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Can't fined definet answer.
I recently did the auto to manual
Followed everything to the T, dotted evey commer lol
So...
Won't engage gears while running (can hear faint squel when pressure is applied to g/stick).
Changes fine when engines off.
Just blead clutch properly no air left.
Clutch Fluid is topped up to the top ring.
It has the following::
New clutch assembly
Machined fly wheel
Aligned properly
Mf5 with new fluid.
New releas bearing
Installed with the help of a senior mechanic
Any advice thanks
---------- Post added 08-07-12 at 17:40 ----------
I read on r31 skyline conversion thread:
The clutch can be rust fused to the fly having sat for over 6-8 weeks.
Could I jack the diff up n support on stands start the car in high gear clutch out. Rev to 1,500 rpm n apply the break?
Just don't want to rush into any thing n break it.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Jack it up put it on stands, put the car in first with your foot on the clutch and start the car if it is engaged with your foot on the clutch (ie wheels are spinning with your foot on the clutch and in gear) your clutch isn't disengaging and you will need to rebleed the clutch.. Hope that helps..
Cheers Chris
0 likes
Ah good one man will give it a go now
I made the peoper loom so I'll have to wire it up or re brig it
---------- Post added 08-07-12 at 18:21 ----------
Hey Chris did what you said.
Put it in first, clutch peddle in wheels don't spin at all, idle is all good,
But
As I let the clutch out: the wheels budg a few inches, revs drop, car dies.
Hmm... Any thoughts ppl?
---------- Post added 08-07-12 at 18:44 ----------
Ah hand break on lol
And wheels are spinning clutch peddle in.
Thing Is its a brand new clutch and pressure plate!
0 likes
Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging try bleeding the clutch fluid again and also I don't advise but try putting a longer pushrod in the slave cylinder and see of that cures the problem if so its definately the hydraulic side of the setup..
0 likes
^ definitely hydraulic, is the issue the slave cylinder in general and not the bleeding?
0 likes
Cheers yeah i agree. Im Replacing the slave tommy with a new repco (Vl) item $18 fingers crossed.
0 likes
I took the boot and slave off manual fork.*
Then tried to push the fork by hand ( putting my shoulder and body into it) Engine off of course.
no movement at all!*
Besides the normal slack of fork with out the boot on.
The fork is fine but can't push the bearing into the prongs at all.*
0 likes
We're you pushing towards the front of the car or towards the rear? And If it doesn't move at is be pulling the box out and checking that everything is correctly installed..
---------- Post added 11-07-12 at 19:25 ----------
Just remember to man those springs in the pressure plate will take a fair bit of effort to move..
0 likes
I figured that out lol. I bought a slave with a longer throw and 19mm bore
it went from 2cm with the stock old pos to 6cm of raw slave power
think its of an r33 Part number JB4055
Thanks guys for your advice appreciate it
0 likes