Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I might sell RB30 to my mate and he wants to put it in his HZ HQ Kingswood but the rb30 gear has no reverse would the Kingswood Gearbox fit on the rb30 and wat would be the problem with the Gearbox
0 likes
What is the gearbox in the Kingswood? T400? M21? Traumatic?
0 likes
Its an Auto RB30 and the Kingswood is an Auto 202 engine also, ill try and find what model it is
0 likes
Depends what the gearbox is really. They make adapters from RB30 to Turbo and Trimatic boxes. If it is a n/a engine to go into the Kingswood... get another n/a Jatco for about $50 and go from there.
0 likes
Well they make a bellhousing to suit.. but it is probably going to cost him more than the engine you want to sell him.
0 likes
What about Aussie 4 speed Manuel box
0 likes
Not that I know of and why would you want to.
I see your options as either, trimatic/RB30 or Jatco/RB30 and make it work.
0 likes
LOL. it would b like modding the vl front to fit roung hq lights not worth it
0 likes
01-07-12, 21:48 GMT+10#10 Is the world on drugs and I'm the only one missing out?
0 likes
01-07-12, 22:27 GMT+10#11 Quote:
I might sell RB30 to my mate and he wants to put it in his HZ HQ Kingswood but the rb30 gear has no reverse would the Kingswood Gearbox fit on the rb30 and wat would be the problem with the Gearbox
I've heard of people using tri-matics behind RB30 turbo engines ,but in my opinion that's pointless and a waste of money, because you can get a Jatco 3 or 4 speed automatic transmission that will bolt straight up to that block, or a 5 speed (MF5 or MX7 Nissan box, for example) will and it will save you having to spend more money and muck around with adapter plates or bell housings.
I've heard somebody ask that question in regards to fitting a Nissan 5 speed to a Holden V6 (Buick engine), the answer to that is that's a pointless exercise & a waste of money because you can get a T5 Borg Warner or Getrag 5 speed transmission for it.
I know we fitted a Supra 5 speed up to a VN Commodore V6 ,that was a pain in the ass because a lot of the parts didn't fit properly, we bought a conversion kit, not my idea but !!!
0 likes
02-07-12, 12:42 GMT+10#12 If you get an adapter housing you still have to worry about wiring, engine mounts, radiator and whatever else pops up.
Put an injected VK202 in the Kingy.
0 likes
03-07-12, 11:50 GMT+10#13 Quote:
Originally Posted by RB30DEVL
[View Post]
I've heard of people using tri-matics behind RB30 turbo engines ,but in my opinion that's pointless and a waste of money, because you can get a Jatco 3 or 4 speed automatic transmission that will bolt straight up to that block, or a 5 speed (MF5 or MX7 Nissan box, for example) will and it will save you having to spend more money and muck around with adapter plates or bell housings.
I've heard somebody ask that question in regards to fitting a Nissan 5 speed to a Holden V6 (Buick engine), the answer to that is that's a pointless exercise & a waste of money because you can get a T5 Borg Warner or Getrag 5 speed transmission for it.
I know we fitted a Supra 5 speed up to a VN Commodore V6 ,that was a pain in the ass because a lot of the parts didn't fit properly, we bought a conversion kit, not my idea but !!!
Despite this whole thread and concept being ludicrous, you'll find a MF5 is easier to find than a T5 BW box, and a lot better. Still both FPOS though.
0 likes
03-07-12, 16:28 GMT+10#14 tell your mate to ring castlemaine rod shop and ask for a few parts prices. they will scare him off of this idea. To be honest the fact you are asking demonstrates that you and your friend haven't realised what you would be getting yourself into
0 likes