Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I was under the opinion that the dizzy should be advanced to 10 degrees, one mechanic has told me it's about 9 degree's because they can ping at high revs at 10.
What do youse run your timing at with a stock cam ?
I was thinking advance it a bit to 11 and run premium fuel.
0 likes
Interesting, I was adjusting mine the other day. The manual says to put it in diagnositc mode and set 10 degrees. I don't have a stock cam or tune but set at this mine was pinging a bit up hills. Its been running on 95octane . I retarded to around 8degress and it just about fixed it. Going to fill up with 98 next time and see how it goes.
0 likes
lol, they run 10dec adv from factory, some ppl push upto 14 with 98 octane. ur mechanic doesnt know 5o's.
0 likes
Straight up go 12 degrees they defiantly like it better. Run 98 and u will have no problem. 14 is prob pushing boundaries.
0 likes
A knock sensor sounds like a good addition to a free breating 5.0i, mine is running good at 10 degrees but doesn't sound right up top when you give it a thrashing.
0 likes
inj or carb we talking here?
0 likes
Injected, do you know much about how the computer controls timing?
0 likes
U have to bridge the ecu out to set the timing, find some one who knows what to do...
0 likes
It's been done, sounds a lot better, pulls clean and hard thanks Peter Mac, just need the knock sensor. I don't think advancing it past ten does much anyway on these.
0 likes
23-09-12, 20:31 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_wagon
[View Post]
U have to bridge the ecu out to set the timing, find some one who knows what to do...
thats what the self diagnosis plug is for
0 likes