Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Emission Control/Fuel Vapour Line Diagram

Started by Kylie · 16 June 2012 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KylieArchived member
I thought I would share this diagram that I created a while ago of the VL Emission Control/Fuel Vapour System to make it easier to figure out where all the different hoses connect to when removing and installing the fuel tank. Sometimes this is very difficult as due to the age of the vehicle, the fuel vapour lines have either split or disintegrated completely! If you are replacing the hoses, make sure you use hoses that are designed to carry fuel and use hose clamps on all the connections to ensure they don't come loose. They don't need to be very tight as they will not be under pressure, they just need to prevent the hoses from slipping off. Please see the attached image. I hope someone finds this useful. I have used it to remove and re-install the fuel tank on 3 different VLs so far!
0 likes
mji1973Archived member
Nice work! I needed it a couple of months back. I had the same issue, just a pile of old broken hoses with no idea where they shoud go. It would always smell of fuel when i filled the tank and with the hoses broken, fuel was just p1ssing out!
0 likes
gold-vltArchived member
Is this diagram as per the original layout shown in the original gm holden service manuals?
0 likes
KylieArchived member
Yes. When I first created it, I referred to a factory vehicle which still had the hoses in place. I have since checked it against the official Holden Service Manual and also a Gregory's Manual and the layout is exactly the same. I have attached the diagram that appears in the Holden Service Manual for your reference.
0 likes
gold-vltArchived member
Thanks. The hoses in my wagon were set out completely different. strange considering the low kilometres on the car. the very top hose bypassed the black plasic thing and went straight to the vapour hard line that goes to the motor. I've now set it up identical to this but the uppermost hose on the neck going to the left of the top t-piece and not to the bottom of the t-piece as it sat much neater and lower with the wagon tank.
0 likes
Bro_SpeedArchived member
where does the line from the bottom of the charcol canister go to? the one on my car is disconnected.
0 likes
KylieArchived member
If you are referring to the one at the very base of the Charcoal Canister which has a larger diameter fitting than the ones on top, then it stays disconnected. It simply stays open to the atmosphere.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,944 threads, 91,309 posts and 1,227 images saved from CT

34.9% of indexed threads saved