Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Steering is loose

Started by Gtracer32 · 13 June 2012 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Gtracer32Archived member
Hi guys just a quick one I haven't driven a vl in years is the steering ment to be so sensitive ? I can pretty much drive with 1 finger an also If there is away of stiffing the steering up please let me know Cheers
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Jack the front of your car up. Have someone hold the steering wheel whilst you wriggle/move the front tyre's. If you have slack, it might be your column/rack shaft.
0 likes
Gtracer32Archived member
There is no play what so ever You turn left or right a tiny bit and your in that direction makes me look like a pissy driver it's just really sensitive but cheers I'll def check it out tomoz but I'm Pretty sure I'm not going to find anything wrong any ideas on Harding the steering up ?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today14

16,752 threads, 167,877 posts and 1,896 images saved from CT

48.9% of indexed threads saved