Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

LC Torana RB25DET Build

Started by SonicVLCT · 7 June 2012 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SonicVLCTArchived member
Well quickly, I have had this car in the 3rd build for a few years now. Bought it like this back in 2002. Then bought a VLCT as a Daily. Then built it up like this. Did Motorvation and a few other shows. Then got sick of the 3.3 Blue and built a Red 202 bored to 208 with all the fruit, Y/T head, cam and triples etc Then wanted more. Bought a 5L EFI doner. Applied for modification permit to run the 5L. Got rejected. Bought this. Applied for a RB25DET. Got approved. Now in the process of getting the motor into the LC. While sorting out approvals and motors, decided to strip and put in a massive amount of work to the body and ended up with this. So anyway, thought I would jump on here again as I know there is a lot of RB gurus who might be interested and also help me out. Cheers guys. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Looks awesome mate. Always good to see another green turbo LC!
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Looks nice man, any plans besides just sticking motor box in? Upgraded turbo, ecu etc?
0 likes
SonicVLCTArchived member
The aim is to keep it street legal so yeah as long as it stays that way. Need to buy a computer to run it. When I bought the R33, the guy cut out the ECU straight though the harness. 3 harness later ($600) it still wasnt running, so now its on the shed floor. Will probably go after market ECU but not sure what?
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Find sum1 who u feel comfortable tuning the car and ask wat they recommend, I've got the latest microtech but if I had my time again I'd go a haltech. ---------- Post added 07-06-12 at 16:55 ---------- Wat diff u plan on running?
0 likes
NLC071Archived member
good to see another torana getting an rb.Are you making your own mounts and sump or buying them?
0 likes
SonicVLCTArchived member
Going to buy mounts from CRS. But sump hope to get made. Either alloy or just steel if it starts to get hard. Chassis kit from CRS too. I have heard from a few though the CRS gear is not that great.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,889 threads, 79,631 posts and 1,001 images saved from CT

31.8% of indexed threads saved