Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

MY Mulberry VL Berlina Project

Started by JETimages · 5 June 2012 · 16 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

JETimagesArchived member
Hey all Ive decided to make a thread of my first Car which is the Rare Mulberry colour VL. I originally was going to get a VS Calais but come across this VL which i had to have & save! so now I'm in love with VL's haha. More pics will be up through out the next few weeks as its off the road! I've also decided to go with the original look as VL's looks unreal O.G! Make / Model: Holden VL Berlina Colour:Mulberry Bodykit: Standard Engine Type:Stock Engine Mods:Stock Power: Exhaust:standard with after market exhaust tip! Gearbox: Standard Diff: Standard Brakes:Standard Suspension: Original Wheels/Tyres:Original VK Calais "15" wheels and spare wheel! Interior: VL berlina Red Stereo: JVC headunit with 6x9 on the parcel shelf Other Mods: louvres! Mudflaps Future mods: respray same colour, Re Pinstripe berlina for now.. when i first got it ,terrible tint she had! How it is now! enjoy ! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
Interior shot! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Love the colour, resprayed, mx grey turbo hubbies and slam it! Reece hitch on a Vl?? Dodgy **** lol
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
Thanks mate! Yeah respray shortly and bars will be getting done next month ! Yeah I got the turbo hubbies just need a set of ceptors to put em on! ---------- Post added 06-06-12 at 22:38 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by JETimages [View Post] Hey all Ive decided to make a thread of my first Car which is the Rare Mulberry colour VL. I originally was going to get a VS Calais but come across this VL which i had to have & save! so now I'm in love with VL's haha. More pics will be up through out the next few weeks as its off the road! I've also decided to go with the original look as VL's looks unreal O.G! Make / Model: Holden VL Berlina Colour:Mulberry Bodykit: Standard Engine Type:Stock Engine Mods:Stock Power: Exhaust:standard with after market exhaust tip! Gearbox: Standard Diff: Standard Brakes:Standard Suspension: Original Wheels/Tyres:Original VK Calais "15" wheels and spare wheel! Interior: VL berlina Red Stereo: JVC headunit with 6x9 on the parcel shelf Other Mods: louvres! Mudflaps Future mods: respray same colour, Re Pinstripe berlina for now.. when i first got it ,terrible tint she had! How it is now! enjoy ! interior shot Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Very neat interior!! I like it alot mate, you could do nice things with this. For my money if it was mine i'd be... -Remove the window tint (check) -Remove the rear louver!!!! -Black venetians x3 -Respray (check) -Turbo hubbies (check) -VK berlina tail lights (black accents where the VLB are silver... or paint your VLB ones black) -Lower it -Tow bar off -Central locking and alarm Yep thats it for now Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
Thanks buddy!! Well for now I want to keep it all original (which is why louvres are on) for now then later down the year il get vx gts and venations also respray again later on in year! Lol not sure if I'm gonna take tow bar off I'm use to it now Nah keeping it original not a fan of the Vk lights , gonna paint all that still only had car for 4 weeks haha should make quick progress in the next 3 weeks Thanks! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
vl berlina taillights are underappreciated so go you. also just wanted to chip in if this is getting used daily leave the tow bar on. even if you take the tongue off. it acts as a good tensioner / radiator spear when some taxi driver rear ends you. i had 2 rear enders in my vl my towbar saved me from being written off Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Real nice buddy, sensational color and interior combo goodluck with it
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
Yeah +1 for VL Berlina spec rear end. Loving the trim and colour combo! You've found yourself a good project starter!
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
Thanks mate yeah I prefer the berlina lights something about them haha! Yeah might be a daily depends how clean I get it will restrict myself on driving it as much ! I'm looking for another Vl now I wanna find a real clean one off an old person yeah it's an awesome color when I take it out of the Garage this weekend il grab the DSLR Nd get some pics! Yeah I'm very happy Bout the combo turbo hubbies will set it off now! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Nice nice. Yeah mate i love the original factor, but id be going for that with the venetian blinds, like so many have before cause they finish the car off! The louver looks a bit diicky. Everyone with their own taste Lots of pics for this one
0 likes
bLuj3tArchived member
more pics!! whats the code for that color? dont see too many of those around.
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
Ive got venations for it just not keen on putting them in ATM Like I said she"ll come out this Sunday for some sunlight (if Melbourne provides it) lol and I'l have plenty of pics !' Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
Hey all sorry havnt been on lately! car is now on ceptors ! ---------- Post added 19-06-12 at 22:48 ---------- ---------- Post added 19-06-12 at 22:58 ---------- new front bar getting fitted this week ! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
HEY ALL! SORRY HAVENT UPDATED BEEN AWAY well VLs back ! venations,turbo hubbies and exhaust added few things still need to be painted but getting there! ---------- Post added 02-10-12 at 12:31 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PSI-EFIArchived member
looks awesome man.. couldnt have a nicer interior and exterior colour.. car looks familiar where in the west u at champ
0 likes
JETimagesArchived member
Thanks pal! Yeah I'm happy with interior , bars get painted so should look 10x better till I'm ready to paint the car oh really mate haha burnside/deer park dude.. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved