Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey ya Guys....
SO the car is stuck in the garage at the mo .. Im looking to fit the genuine turbo manifold from Danny and rb25det turbo onto the car, before fitting the intercooler and fitting a new forward facing plenuim etc....
I have ordered a turbo chip to mod the na computer to a standard turbo setup , and have purchased some rb20det injectors to mod onto my standard fuel rail...
Can anyone who has moded these injectors or similar help me out with advice..
I take it that they are the same impedance as the chipped ecu (turbo)
I will ethier grind down the top of the o -ring bit to slide standard hose on , or use 9.5mm fuel hose over the redtop injectors and clamp the s**t out of it.
0 likes
Looking good man, love that colour
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
wouldn't bother with the rb20 injectors. just get rb30 turbo injectors. no stuffing around to fit them
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkd_Vl
[View Post]
wouldn't bother with the rb20 injectors. just get rb30 turbo injectors. no stuffing around to fit them
Yea, i will try the rb20redtop ones, i have heard they are the same. Bit hard to be hard out wen on a budget.
0 likes
looking good! that looks like a clean body!
0 likes
UPDATE, Got a new top mount manifold, bolting up a rb25det turbo... starting to plump up oil lines, and fuel lines etc.....
0 likes
Do you still have the genuine turbo manifold ?
If ya do would you sell it and how much ?
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkins
[View Post]
Do you still have the genuine turbo manifold ?
If ya do would you sell it and how much ?
hey bud , i have sold it sorry
0 likes
[IMG] [/IMG]
---------- Post added 15-07-12 at 14:22 ----------
So, waiting on some stuff, for turbo lines etc... baby on way any day... hope car not pushed to the back...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
15-07-12, 15:51 GMT+10#10 Congradulations on the kid mate wish you all the best
it will be a trying time and you will need to be there for your girl because she will come first right?
Any way i say the following because your relationship will go south if your in the shed tending to your 2200 pound baby b4 the real thing LOL
I would do any thing dodgy with the fuel system!
The fuel system is under high-pressure, if any thing goes wrong you will only know when ur car starts to burne in the middle of a bussy road..
(correct me if im wrong)
BUT The rb25 turbo is smaller than the standard T3. meaning you will have less flow = more compression / heat = more chance of pinging.
If you want a turbo vl and dont want a trial and error garage project then go with the standard tryed n true methods
All the best mate
0 likes
15-07-12, 16:05 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo
[View Post]
Congradulations on the kid mate wish you all the best
it will be a trying time and you will need to be there for your girl because she will come first right?
Any way i say the following because your relationship will go south if your in the shed tending to your 2200 pound baby b4 the real thing LOL
I would do any thing dodgy with the fuel system!
The fuel system is under high-pressure, if any thing goes wrong you will only know when ur car starts to burne in the middle of a bussy road..
(correct me if im wrong)
BUT The rb25 turbo is smaller than the standard T3. meaning you will have less flow = more compression / heat = more chance of pinging.
If you want a turbo vl and dont want a trial and error garage project then go with the standard tryed n true methods
All the best mate
100% agree.Look after both babies,And they will look after you.The car IS looking good!Do it once and do it right!Congrats on bubs>
Cheers Marty
0 likes
16-07-12, 18:22 GMT+10#12 Thanks Guys!!!
Yes, I totally agree ha ha
I have to say that , being a vl turbo beginner, some things are bloody frustrating...
I do try and research things... but will have to stick with my top mount manifold and
slowly build up the proper bits in good time...
I couldnt think of anything worse than my car on fire... I looked into aftermarket fuel
rails but they mainly take gtr injectors (14mm) and dont work on a standard vl computer... more money for aftermarket ecu???
Best option is to pay for proper vl turbo injectors that match my re-chipped ecu and then buy a decent turbo as well , my rb25det turbo should be ok for about ten pounds tho?....
---------- Post added 16-07-12 at 17:24 ----------
I will run it in na mode for another few months to relieve any finaicial stress as two kids plus wife plus beer equals no money <>
0 likes
16-07-12, 19:30 GMT+10#13 I hear you,I have a case of too many cars,1kid and a wife who loves doing things to the house,But I do get to spend money on my toys.The sandman is now on my todo list.
Cheers Marty
0 likes
18-07-12, 16:58 GMT+10#14 A lot of members on this site have removed the o-rings of the top of bosch 363 injectors and clamped the hose over top, if your rb20det injectors have a similiar sizing. I wouldnt see any issues. I have ran bosch 363 injectors in this fashion for several years now, and havnt had any problems what so ever.
0 likes
19-07-12, 18:27 GMT+10#15 6BANGR - Yes they are both 11mm the standard injectors and redtop rb20det ones...
0 likes
19-07-12, 21:52 GMT+10#16 i have 32 gtr injectors on a standard vl rail new hose tales on injector no o ring and a hose clamp, no troubles at all, but as said be careful with anything fuel related
0 likes
22-07-12, 15:54 GMT+10#17 I just found my injectors are high impedance, so no good on standard turbo ecu, damn it!!!
From now on im sticking to standard stuff vl turbo injectors wen they come up ... anyone ? ....lol
0 likes
22-07-12, 16:11 GMT+10#18 hi might be best to get a set from ebay aus have seen a few sets on there
0 likes
28-07-12, 20:02 GMT+10#19 definately .. ebay is the one
0 likes