Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My 01 VU SPac Gen3 SS Look-a-Like

Started by VNCPTR · 26 May 2012 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VNCPTRArchived member
Hey all, I finally got rid of my Clubby and picked up the new Project/Toy Sunday night...... Owner: Scotty J Model: 2001 VU SPac with SS Badges Bodywork: Standard with hard lid. Colour: White Engine: 346ci 5.7 Gen3 Engine Mods: None at the moment, she's just Stock Standard Power: It's not worth mentioning yet. Exhaust: Standard Gearbox: Boring Automatic Diff: Standard Brakes: Standard Suspension: King Springs all round, Super Lows Wheels: 20" VE GTS Painted in Dark Grey Interior: Standard Stereo: Alpine head unit, Pioneer Amp and Sub. Nothing Special. Future Mods..... T56 6 Speed Manual Conversion. Heads and Cam Combo. Diff Gears. Exhaust System. Interior. Gauges on Bonnet. And what ever else the future brings me...... In the Garage after just getting her home.... Monday morning got her out so I could detail it...... Body was so dirty.... Interior wasn't much better lol....... Found $10 in that crap..... that's what paid for it to be washed Getting there with it being clean and respectable..... All washed, and running around with the 20" VE GTS Wheels...... And when the wheels were off, i got a little paint happy and painted the Rotors black and the Callipers Red..... Stay Tuned for the future mods and upgrades happen over time. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VNCPTRArchived member
Well today I started to clean up the engine bay trying to find out where its leaking its oil from and im sure its the rear main seal now after checking the oil Pressure switch and it not being that. Here are some pic's of what I did. Engine looking dirty and not very well maintained...... The work begins on taking the manifold off..... Was really dirty and a heap of build up of dirt and oil....... Rocker Cover cleaned up and painted...... Cleaned up and now in the stages of putting it all back together....... Both rocker covers painted and put back on with new Gaskets........ Job Done, So much cleaner and respectable...... And a shot from up high........ Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PSI-EFIArchived member
looking good mate.. welldone on cleaning it up, was pretty sad before hand.
0 likes
VNCPTRArchived member
thanks man, I spent just over 4 and a half hours giving the Ute a buff which it really needed...... I didn't realise just how badly it needed it, had Tar all over the place. At the same time of buffing it I took the badges off the tailgate which I honestly think it makes it look so much cleaner.... Only got pic's of the tailgate, by the time I had finished the car it was too dark so later today ill take some snap shots of her. Due to the head lights being dull/faded and with little marks in it from it going down loose gravel roads, I rubbed the lens back with some 800 sand paper and then buffed them making them look almost brand new again, Saved my self $350 on getting new lights for it I also Got some LS1 Engine Covers from a good mate of mine.....They also look alot better and tidy up the engine bay. Later today I will be replacing the Fuel Sender Unit due to mine always reading a full tank....... Here's the pic's I took. Before I started the Back....... Half done....... All done with the "Holden" badge gone and the "SS" badge Here's a pic of it at work....... Headlight rubbed back........ Half buffed..... Gives ya an idea All done and looking close to new, alot cleaner then what they were. And the new engine covers..... Wanted the HSV type from the GTS's but these look just as good....... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VNCPTRArchived member
And Here is a pic of some goodies that came in the mail today....... They will be going on the bonnet, Oil Press, Fuel Press, Water Temp and Volts, just have to get some Cups for them....... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,889 threads, 79,631 posts and 1,001 images saved from CT

31.8% of indexed threads saved