Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Im sorry.

Started by VLCommy88 · 23 May 2012 · 29 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLCommy88Archived member
Today I went out and did my first bit of 'hooning' (as what every P plater does sometimes) in my VL executive but I stuffed up and the car started sliding across the dirt road and slammed into a little tree stump. The whole front bumper and left-hand indicator had broken but no structural damage was made. I know some of you will say I'm an idiot, typical P plater, f*cking c*nt, etc. But im just saying sorry to the VL enthusiasts for wrecking a great looking car. There was no way I could have killed myself or any other person because no one was around and i was only doing about 30km/h when I pulled the handbrake. (stupid, I know) I've gotten enough of a talk from my Dad so go easy on the language if you can't help yourself. Photos of my shame will be uploaded soon.
0 likes
VKillerArchived member
Weird post. Fix it and don't do it again. Everyone does this stuff (to varying degrees) when they're young, but generally they don't talk about it on a forum.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
I feel your pain. When I was 18 I had a decent car accident. I'd written off the VL formula. Anyway after a few months of hospital & rehab I completed a John Bowe advanced driving course at calder park. Learned how to control skids, driving sideways through the wet pad & heaps of other stuff. The course gave me the skills I need when I get into sticky situations like your self. A must do for any P plate driver I reckon. Also allot of friends & family will say you'll allways have a accident within the first year of driving. It's just abit of bad luck IMO. I feel your pain. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Ahh, The old handbrake test.
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
atleast u were on a dirt road and by ya self, nothing worse than putting others in danger. we all play around in one way or anouther u just came un stuck thats all, we all learn by our mistakes
0 likes
BaxArchived member
You stupid c*nt. Jokes aside, fix it and learn your lesson.
0 likes
gmturboArchived member
At least u didn't hurt anyone bud and seems like u have learnt I grew up on a farm as a kid so I always had paddock bashers to (test the handbreak in) best way to learn. Goodluck fixing it mate
0 likes
Bro_SpeedArchived member
Make sure once you fix the car you do it again. its bad to quit on a miss.
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HTURBO [View Post] I feel your pain. When I was 18 I had a decent car accident. I'd written off the VL formula. Anyway after a few months of hospital & rehab I completed a John Bowe advanced driving course at calder park. Learned how to control skids, driving sideways through the wet pad & heaps of other stuff. The course gave me the skills I need when I get into sticky situations like your self. A must do for any P plate driver I reckon. Also allot of friends & family will say you'll allways have a accident within the first year of driving. It's just abit of bad luck IMO. I feel your pain. No offence but that course wouldnt give you the skills as you were in a controlled enviroment and its a staged event so you know what ypu were in for. If you lost control on a hwy by the time you react its over Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
miladArchived member
vl handbrake that actually works? wtf.....
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
I lived up north on a hundred acres when i was 12-18. I had a 78 celica 5spd in puke green and we blasted that thing. once I was going around a race track we had in my paddock and bang the car jumped over something. I stopped and it turned out to be the centre muffler. I put a HR through a fence on wet clay Dad was hooning another HR doen a channel bank (man made river for irrigation) and slammed my good drivers side front 1/4 into a cement pump access hole. he put a good gash in the front 1/4 drivers door and the sil. anyway moral of the story **** happens. don't stress too much. I bet every single guy here has stories like my above done on public roads. If you are into it start looking into legal events. they are good fun.
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by milad [View Post] vl handbrake that actually works? wtf..... My first thought! Also, maybe we need a tech article from this bloke so the rest of us can work a vl hand brake. haha But seriously mate, you need to learn how to drive, and throwing a car around is one way of doing it, the other, and far more effective way is to do an advanced driving course, its great fun, and they teach you how to do it in a controlled environment, I did one years and years ago, it sparked my interest in racing, and has saved me from running into people that have pulled out in front of me more than 5 times since i did it.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NASTY1 [View Post] No offence but that course wouldnt give you the skills as you were in a controlled enviroment and its a staged event so you know what ypu were in for. If you lost control on a hwy by the time you react its over It's more to do with knowing how the car is going to respond. Doing it out on the road by accident isn't the best way to understand it in that split second.
0 likes
swiftmanArchived member
haha ive smashed plenty of front bumpers doing ****, like running up the back of taragos with towballs whilst on the brake, hitting stumps.... gutters etc... fix it and move on, and hope you dont get caught doing stupid things!
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
sometimes best thing to do is just let go of the steering wheel
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NASTY1 [View Post] sometimes best thing to do is just let go of the steering wheel Do you shut your eyes and scream too?
0 likes
VLCommy88Archived member
Before After Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88 Chaser [View Post] Do you shut your eyes and scream too? Do you steering wheel reef and hit an oncoming car?to many heros get them self into **** then try get out of it by over correcting and staying on the gas.......
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Looks like you got off pretty light. I await the aforementioned handbrake tech article, mine's so bad it could idle down the road in first with the hbrake on..
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
Yeah vl didnt come up to bad.lesson learnt then
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,661 threads, 100,272 posts and 1,280 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved