Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

peoples opinion on twin turbo or big single on ls2

Started by BRETT lS1 · 21 May 2012 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BRETT lS1Archived member
Hiiii I have a tt ls2 engine not in the car yet and I can't decide weather keeping the twin turbo system or going with a big single but can't think of the size...any help will be very much appreciated thank you even tho its a engine that needs a lot of close eye keeping and maitence I'd like more room in the engine bay and with a single there's less to fix ie lines ect Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FRASHDArchived member
It depends which way you look at it, two turbos is twice the plumbing, piping and generally twice the price.most tt kits are restricted on the intake side of the turbo when fitted to a late model commodore. There are some twin turbo kits on the market that fit ok. I personally like single turbo kits to fit, nice and easy compared to twin turbo kits. Having fitted both single an twin turbo kits and also making my own kit I recommend top mount PD blower, nice and easy to fit and also to remove if required (EPA) the argument for horsepower they may be raised can be answered.... Horsepower impresses mates and sells upgrades but torque wins races and gives street drivability.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
They all work. Get whatever tickles your fancy. Turbos will make more power, however need more of a complete package outlook to make them fast. If it is a stock engine, the PD blower is pretty hard to go past. The instant tyre turning ability is good fun.
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
True true, I have a comp ratio of 9.1 a tk camshatft so the timing was reatared to keep the valves right And fast lax intake with a 500hp fueling system ported heads intake and exhaust... 4"callies crank, high volume oil pump was going to go a Vetter sump as dry sump systems r way to expensive atm.... I seen a stealth kit on the market from a mob in Croydon I think so the turbos r near the gear box, out of the way of sight, I looked into the top mount blowers but couldn't find the power peak I was looking for.... On road drivability is one of my main conserncs as it will be on the road but also power is what I'm also after ....
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Get a blower, who makes the stealth kits and how much were they?
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
Aps makes them and price is unknown sorry they have a phone number on the site to contact them
0 likes
FRASHDArchived member
Air power systems APS you mean. The plumbing is a real prick to fit and the turbo to inter cooler pipes require some k frame mods to fit them. Probably one of the better kits around though.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
I thought APS killed off their turbo kits?
0 likes
7FOUR7Archived member
I don't have experience with either but the sound of a large frame turbo spooling up would be enough to make me go single Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
Yes air powers systems correct, I don't know if they have took it off the market, im going to give them a call I couldn't find a retailer for there ls kit every other kit for other cars they still have but ill try my luck with them.... If mods have to be done it has to be done... I seen the intercooler piping and it does look like a prick .... But when someone opens the bonnet and it looks n,a but its really a rocket ill be happy haha
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,683 threads, 77,645 posts and 961 images saved from CT

31.2% of indexed threads saved