Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Whats worth buying a ski or a bike? looking at buying one just cant decide.
Whats gonna be cheapest in the long run and get more use out of and more fun?
0 likes
What are your mates into? For me, I enjoy dirt bikes more, i get over ski's very quickly, you go flat out one one and back the other, no real enjoyment for me. I guess if your mates have them and you go for trips that'd be alright. I love the rush of ripping through the bush on a bike though. But at the end of the day, it's no fun doing either if you have no one to go with.
0 likes
what he said ^
plus ive always preferd bikes because you dont rely on a decent day as much as you would for a jet ski . in my opinion jetskis require to much maintanence and get boring quick
0 likes
Few of my mates have bikes they go riding a fair bit. only one has a ski but a couple other mates are thinking of getting one for summer.
0 likes
Skis are awesome to have especially if a couple of mates have them, when the days aren't so warm u can slap on a wetsuit or go to hazlewood pondage (heated lake)
Btw I'm selling a 2009 seadoo rxpx if your interested lol
0 likes
Herd its not worth buying a second hand supercharged seadoo cause they cost an arm and a leg to fix if the supercharger goes?
0 likes
If they're fitted with titanium washers the charger will probably outlast the motor. Mine and all my mates have the titanium washer upgrades, mine being the lowest hour of the lot having only 15 on the clock and a mates got 130-150 hours on his and not a hick up at all.
0 likes
23-05-12, 07:58 GMT+10#10 Get a bike mate if you get desperate for a ride you can't take a jetski for a quick brap round the block
0 likes
23-05-12, 15:28 GMT+10#11 Go the bike route - you can use a bike at any time regardless of the weather and still have an absolute blast. It's just as much fun to go out solo riding as it is with a group of friends. You can also use them at heaps more places without needing a license, registration or insurance - private properties. Easier to store, transport (more options - you don't need a specific trailer like jetski's) and maintain as well!
I have always had dirt bikes and just recently had an urge to buy a jetski as well, for what it's worth I ended up buying a boat instead - can put everyone in a boat and have a ball without needing friends who also own boats.
0 likes
23-05-12, 15:54 GMT+10#12 Might just hold off and get a ski in summer then sell it and buy a bike for winter lol.
0 likes
24-05-12, 18:24 GMT+10#13 dirt bike all the way! sliding, monos, jumps, endos, dodging trees and staying away from deep drops, cant beat the adrenaline!
0 likes
07-07-14, 15:22 GMT+10#14 Dirt bikes, Jetski's get pretty tame after about 20 minutes!
0 likes
07-07-14, 16:56 GMT+10#15 Quote:
Originally Posted by picketvlt
[View Post]
If they're fitted with titanium washers the charger will probably outlast the motor. Mine and all my mates have the titanium washer upgrades, mine being the lowest hour of the lot having only 15 on the clock and a mates got 130-150 hours on his and not a hick up at all.
Go the jet ski way!And I agree with the above comment.Same old story regular service with fresh fuel and it will keep on going.Go wave jumping and you will have a ball
Cheers Marty
0 likes
07-07-14, 18:05 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by ss nut
[View Post]
Go the jet ski way!And I agree with the above comment.Same old story regular service with fresh fuel and it will keep on going.Go wave jumping and you will have a ball
Cheers Marty
I have owned both. Jet ski all the way! If you live where you have no waves I would go a bike but throw in wave jumping and add towing a donut into the equation = ultimate rush
Nothing like towing and hooking your mate or misses over a wave.
0 likes
07-07-14, 21:25 GMT+10#17 Only so much u can do on a ski. Bike all the way without a doubt.
0 likes
07-07-14, 22:08 GMT+10#18 I've got an 09 Kawasaki STX 15F done 28 hours only. Shoot me a PM if your interested. Cheers.
0 likes
08-07-14, 06:22 GMT+10#19 I've got both and a road bike ski is only for summer I use dirt bike only in winter and road bike in summer
0 likes