Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

L67 mods

Started by nathan001 · 15 May 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

nathan001Archived member
Hi guys I have a vs l67 I've got 13g to spend on the motor is it worth it ?? Can any one give me some advice ?
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
O_o probably better off with a different motor if you have that much to spend
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
**** the motor off and save your money haha
0 likes
vphsv+6Archived member
Keep it mate, I had one worked and it would kill ls1's and keep up with alot of other cars, if you've got 13k to spend sell off your blower as a kit buy a turbo setup and make a **** load of power, guys in the states have done this many times and made over 300kw@the rears Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
bewshArchived member
sell the motor for $1500 but an LS1 drop it in and work it internally with a head package. should get 280rwk+ no probs in a light weight car should run low 12's with no strain
0 likes
BT1-355Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by nathan001 [View Post] Hi guys I have a vs l67 I've got 13g to spend on the motor is it worth it ?? Can any one give me some advice ? Wouldn't even waste my time Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Guessing ull never see that cash again. Do ur research mate so u are 100% sure what is the best bang for your buck. How many kw? When r u going to use it? how ur going to use it? What type of power ur after: turbo, v8, s/c Fuel budget to keep it on the road? Reliability? Incurance And legality? Drive line? 13k can go a very long way in regards to the above or it can net u a very expencive loss sitting on stands for sale. Decide what's important to u an go from there first. U have no idea what u want or where u want To be then keep the money where it belongs . I have over 40k ready to go into something but i can not answer these questions so I drive a car Iv always wanted and trust in. N/a Calais 5 speed n wouldn't trade it for the world Know what u want man good luck Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
Quote: Hi guys I have a vs l67 I've got 13g to spend on the motor is it worth it ?? Can any one give me some advice ? You'd probably be better off starting off with at least a 5 litre and working from there instead of wasting money on the L67, considering that the first of the alloytecs (2005) put out 4 more kilowatts at the flywheel than they do in "stock" form. If you're keen , you could drop an LS1 in and go from there, the only pitfall I've found with them is when it comes to rebuilding them, a 0.010" (0.255mm) is GM's limit for a rebore , there are aftermarket pistons available that are bigger in skirt diameter but I wouldn't go over 0.020" (0.51mm),if you were hell bent on making it a 6 litre you'd fit bigger sleeves into it or even better, get an LS2. She knows I would never go over 0.010" with her as I look after them,yeah, she's for the next size up. There's a bloke in Geelong whose got the LS1 in his Monaro bored out 0.030" (0.765mm) but that's pushing awfully close to the aluminium casting & water jacket, there's only about 3.8mm of sleeve thickness left when the engine has been bored out to 0.010" from what I've heard.
0 likes
GTS-213Archived member
Three words, big fu#king turbo, those things are bullet proof for boost. Maybe look at a pro flow turbo kit. I wouldn't bother about the supercharger route as a turbo kit works well on those L67 motors. I have a N/A ecotec as a daily and I have been giving it hell for years and it still dosn't make a rattle or a tick, I broken the t5, the diff, both driveshafts, all I have done to the motor is fit a cam to it and it drives as hard as my GTS just not as much torque...
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved