Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ls1 427ci?? Help please

Started by BRETT lS1 · 13 May 2012 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BRETT lS1Archived member
HELLO ok so Vic roads have changed the engine rules again I cant put a ls2 in my car legally because it didn't come out factory with a ls2 only ls1.... There's lots of stroker kits for ls1 engines I'm going for the 427 ci but in order for me to do so, what do I need to do to the block? Do I need sleeves, stress testing crack testing?? Any info on it all would be very helpfull and a price list if u have a idea...thank you guys
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Deep pockets. You won't really find the answer you are looking for here. You need to speak to some engine builders who can give you the run down. You will need sleeves.
0 likes
vltrb-0Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by BRETT lS1 [View Post] HELLO ok so Vic roads have changed the engine rules again I cant put a ls2 in my car legally because it didn't come out factory with a ls2 only ls1.... There's lots of stroker kits for ls1 engines I'm going for the 427 ci but in order for me to do so, what do I need to do to the block? Do I need sleeves, stress testing crack testing?? Any info on it all would be very helpfull and a price list if u have a idea...thank you guys why can't you just drop an ls2 in and not say anything goto vic roads and just say your other engine was damaged? how would they know its an ls2 if you don't tell them?
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
They havn't changed their engines rules, its always been that way. You could get an engineers certificate on that change pretty easily.
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
Quote: They havn't changed their engines rules, its always been that way. You could get an engineers certificate on that change pretty easily. and hell of alot cheaper
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
I thought it would cost a lot, I went to Vic roads and asked them if I could put one in it they gave me a lot of paper work to read threw and I can only change it with anouther engine to the same size ie 350 I was going to put one in it but I thought if I get pulled over they will want the engine number and then I'm screwed .... thats y I'm asking for help from fellow v8 lovers ---------- Post added 13-05-12 at 15:50 ---------- I bought a cast iron ls2 block but for me to put a engine number on that the only place to do it is on the back of the block passenger hand side and the place I got it from wouldn't put 5.7 on the paper work ---------- Post added 13-05-12 at 15:52 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by PROGMH [View Post] They havn't changed their engines rules, its always been that way. You could get an engineers certificate on that change pretty easily. Could u give me some info on a engineers I live in the s.e suburbs of Melbourne so u may be close
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
There's a list of engineers on the vicroads website.
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
Ok thank you and do I just say looking to do a 6l conversion from 5.7
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Just explain to the engineer that you have a VT LS1 and looking to drop an LS2 in, what's involved in upgrading to get an engineers certificate and what costs are involved. Some of them are absolute wanks on the phone and treat you like an idiot, others are helpful and actually assist you. Just ring around until you find one that's good. Try Talk Torque in Epping, I've always found him really helpful.
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
Ok I will thanks mate
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,609 threads, 76,826 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.0% of indexed threads saved