Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Need help !!!

Started by VLbooi · 5 May 2012 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLbooiArchived member
Hi all just brought a Vl manual ran fine when I first looked at it payed for it and drove two mins down the road it started to back fire under acceleration , at roughly 2400 it's ok then back fires and no power It sat for a week before I brought need some ideas as I need it going but tomorrow arvo .. Cheers boys and girls
0 likes
Gab dHArchived member
Sounds like your afm to me, borrow one from a friend to confirm if you can, or to test disconnect and see if it makes any difference, if it's the same it's most likely the afm
0 likes
VLbooiArchived member
I did disconnect it but it goes to cut out , it idles a little rough and tested the injectors they sent the engine down aswell so I sort of knocked them out , I should've able to hear the fuel pump when I turn the key ? ---------- Post added 05-05-12 at 19:52 ---------- Does any think it may be the tps or cas or fuel filter I can't hear the fuel pump but can't remember if my old Vl fuel pump was loud ---------- Post added 06-05-12 at 08:44 ---------- Gab dh thanks to you I got curious and thought I'd go over it once again checked plugs there where rooted checked all connections etc then started it with Afm not in and it run the same thanks for your help mate
0 likes
Gab dHArchived member
No worries good luck with the car man
0 likes
VLbooiArchived member
Sorry for asking but if I pull the plug out of the afm should it A: keep running rough B: turn off ? Muchly appreciated
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=71798 http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=165781 Try either of these sites may help out with diagnoses
0 likes
VLbooiArchived member
Thanks heaps ant man just trying to get this sorted as I need It for work you guys are champs
0 likes
VL.23.NVArchived member
Sounds like what happend to mine when I took it for a service afterwards. Car sounded heall rough on idle and nearly cut out and was spitting black **** and heaps of smoke bouncing fromm aslittle as 400 rpm upto 1k, i went to check afm and found the clamp was loose on the air intake and it was breathing engine fumes, make sure you check if you clamps are all tight and the hoses are all hooked up right. gl brother.
0 likes
VLbooiArchived member
I wen over everything today plugs hoses I couldn't find any hoses loses some needing replacing soon but not cracked also cleaned the intake and throttle body and new spark plugs ran good for 10 mins then rough idle again , the fuel filter was an absolute disgrace couldn't believe it will be taking the tank out soon due to it , the idle revs do fluctuate from 400 to 1300 but I'll be dropping by the wreckers tomoz to get a afm hopefully it will be it Also got some injector cleaner too
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
mine did this. wouldnt rev past 2k just flatlined then came good once the revs went down. 90% certain its ya afm but let us know!
0 likes
Jako-25Archived member
Got ripped.
0 likes
VLbooiArchived member
It was cheap as sweet hell but I was quite p#ssed off Im getting the afm tomoz due to no wreckers having one in coffs will let you know how I go
0 likes
BangaVLTArchived member
did the previous owner wash the engine? check for water inside the dissy cap
0 likes
VLbooiArchived member
Well I brought a new afm today installed it and I get an extra 1000 rpm and does the same thing once again
0 likes
VLbooiArchived member
After all it was the cas thanks for your help everyone
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,615 threads, 76,905 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.0% of indexed threads saved