Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

looking for work in the automotive industry!

Started by MAVTEK · 29 Apr 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MAVTEKArchived member
hi my names jono im 20, im looking for a new career at the moment becuase my landscaping job just did not have enough work. ive never worked with cars before but i like to in my spare time i know quite a bit but im eager to learn more! if you know anyone that needs a hand let me know im looking for work in the south east of melbourne. PM me or txt or call [phone removed] and we can go from there. thanks Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
Yeah, I asked people myself as far as being a mechanic or parts interpreter (i.e. repco, autopro,etc) and what I got was a no. That's why I started talking about Holden because I was working for a firm who uses a lot of GM components in their trains and my employer (people that company hired me from) made me see a doctor who is in some way connected to the automotive industry (this one in question seemed to be linked up to piston manufacturers) and I'm only an electrician, I am reluctant to mention any company names in regards to that. Some names at that firm raised a few eyebrows (i.e. Devereaux). I was working with a lot of people who wouldn't even know where the sump plug is on their engine and they tried to say that I was crazy. I know Westrac are after me as the Caterpillar engines have Delphi connectors/sensors which look remarkably like the ones in my VY Commodore.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
What the ****??^ I dont think i'd understand that even if it was in context lol
0 likes
gngztaArchived member
man i think that just fried my brain, i want what your on
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by gngzta [View Post] man i think that just fried my brain, i want what your on (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/beavis1.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
Go and do an apprintaship as a heavy duty fitter or auto sparky, average wages for 4 years but when you pass they get really good pay, don't go west trac as their quality is crap like their pay and management staff. Get into mining... And bobs your uncle, or you could go the other way and get into sales out mining equipment which can pay massive $$$ if your good. Just some ideas for you...
0 likes
gold-vltArchived member
don't even think about getting into auto unless it's diesel. it's not worth your time and effort. the qualified guys generally get $18 - $21 an hour and you will be on about $7 an hour if youre under 21 and about $13 an hour if youre 21 or over.
0 likes
MAVTEKArchived member
lol? cooked my head to >.< no clue what he's on about haha anyways, thanks for the advice boys will be sure to keep it in mind!
0 likes
MuFFiNArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] Yeah, I asked people myself as far as being a mechanic or parts interpreter (i.e. repco, autopro,etc) and what I got was a no. That's why I started talking about Holden because I was working for a firm who uses a lot of GM components in their trains and my employer (people that company hired me from) made me see a doctor who is in some way connected to the automotive industry (this one in question seemed to be linked up to piston manufacturers) and I'm only an electrician, I am reluctant to mention any company names in regards to that. Some names at that firm raised a few eyebrows (i.e. Devereaux). I was working with a lot of people who wouldn't even know where the sump plug is on their engine and they tried to say that I was crazy. I know Westrac are after me as the Caterpillar engines have Delphi connectors/sensors which look remarkably like the ones in my VY Commodore. ..... what just happned.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today104

9,411 threads, 65,566 posts and 795 images saved from CT

27.5% of indexed threads saved