Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
My Sub/amp/headunit and speakers are all connected but one problem.. In the past two weeks my audio goes and goes very dul and can just here them in bak speakers and heaps of bass.. I've checked all fuses and there all fine and looked at earth and all good... NEED HELP
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Have you checked the rca's in the back of the headunit?
Long rca's can hit the aircon unit breaking them and causing **** connection
0 likes
thanks for the info and no i havnt but i will have a suss today and its a fair point with what you said aswell, if its broken am i best to pretty much best to take all the current wiring out and buy new ones and start all over again??
0 likes
Yeah I had this problem with same symtoms just cut the rcas off and get shorter ones audio shops have them lying around from previous jobs etc
0 likes
i have a brand new set in my garage so im gonna re-wire it today!
thanks heaps for your advice man really appreciate it
0 likes
If rca's don't work try replacing the remote wire
Mine split in the middle of the car replaced it from near the head unit
Sounds like similar problem to me
0 likes
My best mate has a VY with same headunit so tonight I chucked mine in his car with his wires and it worked so its definitely the remote wire!! Hope all going well autobarn tomorrow have them! Thanks heaps for your advice guys
0 likes
GUYS STILL NEED HELP! DID WHAT I SAID ABOVE AND MY HEADUNIT WORKED BUT I THINK MY SPEAKERS ARE SHORTING OUT?! soo over no music!
0 likes