Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi guys,
I have had a look around but failed to find any info on manual to power steering conversions.
Looking for a rough estimate of cost and required parts.
I'm hoping to be able to pick up a complete rack and associated accessories from a wrecker or ebay, any ideas??
Cheers
Jakenasa
P.S. will get some photos up soon, still early days!!
0 likes
If you've got a manual steering set up that you wanna sell , im chasing one . Let me know champ
0 likes
rack, p/s int shaft, p/s pump, lines, reservior, pulley and belt, plus fluid
p.s. reservoir bracket that welds onto the battery tray
0 likes
i have a complete powersteering setup. cars only done 27000kms ill swap power rack for manual rack, call me [phone removed]
0 likes
It's pretty straight forward. Just got to a wrecker and pull the complete kit. Gives you an idea how it all goes together too. Swap over, make your money back selling the manual kit, and then get a steering alignment.
0 likes
Thanks for the above info guys, just having trouble finding a wrecker in Canberra that lets you into the yard!!
re selling/swapping I'll be in touch, will probably be a coupla weeks till I get sorted.
Cheers
0 likes
http://calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=29788
already a technical article you might find useful
0 likes
Otherwise I can probably detail each part of the system and give you a rough idea where it all goes. There are some variances between early and late model VLs re: the way the lines run and attach to the PS pump.
0 likes