Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Sick VL 3D Model created on the computer...

Started by VLT222 · 28 Apr 2012 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLT222Archived member
hey guys my cousin is a computer nut and he's good at 3D modelling so I asked him to model a vl calais for me here it is looks sickkkk. My new wallpaper.... Its at the top of the page have a look... Link to his website for the photo's: http://sites.google.com/site/pslavi/
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
very impressive - 3D modelling is a hard job. i know. But very impressive, looks 99% accurate, even the proportions are awesome - Well done!
0 likes
onetidyvlArchived member
now can you mod it into GTA4 lol
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
that stuff takes forever... i made a Lamborghini Miura years ago... got to like 90%... needed interior, tail lights and exhaust made, but i lost the file... no backup
0 likes
CarbonblkArchived member
Wow that is truly impressive, kudos to him.
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
Yeah, there are some converters out there. Hopefully some pirate out in the bay has ripped the solidworks converter for me. At the end of the day, I don't actually need the model of the car itself, I only need the volume of the car subtracted from a block. I'm actually modelling the air around the car and passing fluid through that cavity. Hopefully, if required, I can use surfaces and take the faces from a 3D model and use them. I'm pretty good with surfaces now, such a powerful tool.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved