27-04-12, 20:13 GMT+10#1
I was wondering if anyone has asked themselves why Chrysler sold out to Mitsubishi in the late 70's/early 80's?
Apart from Ford (who fitted the crossflow heads in 1979 to their sixes, they were sort of hemispherical) Chrysler were fitting heads with that style of combustion chamber in the 1970's onto both the sixes & V8's in the Valiants, except they weren't crossflow
That's a good idea to do that , I wonder why Chrysler went out of business & sold out to Mitsubishi in Australia?
I was wondering why Holden didn't go down that path?
I mean making their own crossflow/hemi heads , at the time they said it was cheaper to buy the RB30 off Nissan which already had an all alloy crossflow alloy head with hemispherical combustion chambers.
It was a business deal between Nissan & Holden in the day , as I mentioned in another thread to design the RB30 for the Australian market, with the turbo engine being specifically made as a Holden only factory fitted option.
0 likes
