Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Hey there, How much would my r33 and twin plate be worth?

Started by 14mtb · 27 Apr 2012 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

14mtbArchived member
Hey all, virgin poster but long time perve I bought a VL with a r33 5 speed and a exedy twin plate clutch as a donor car, and put all the gear into my VH SLE for something different. The car is still incomplete, and untuned. I am thinking of getting rid of the 5 speed and going to an auto/stall. Question is, how much are these things worth? I looked on eBay and they are all from jap importers and mainly buy it now. Also I am guessing, if I am patient enough, I would be better off getting the car tuned with the manual, then selling it hey? Harder to tune with auto... Be able to sell 5 speed easier with a test drive too. Any help appreciated. Cheers. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
I think they are a 2.5k conversion kit? but thats tailshaft, interior pieces to suit, pedal box etc etc etc. test drives are good especially as you are a new member. if you were old news and everyone knew you thered be a much bigger trust element / people would have been able to vouch for the car running. welcome btw. I always say advertised prices aren't worth jack. you never know what people actually sell for. best thing to do is to trawl through old f.s. threads here and see what they are being advertised at then choose a reserve and ebay it.
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
i wouldnt think it would be easier to have the manual in for tuning .i know you make more power with a manual then auto
0 likes
abrowne70Archived member
i sold my 33 box for $800
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showth...light=r33+5spd (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=244670&highlight=r33+5spd) http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showth...light=r33+5spd (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=210110&highlight=r33+5spd) http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showth...light=r33+5spd (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=219744&highlight=r33+5spd) http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showth...light=r33+5spd (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=212609&highlight=r33+5spd) all of these guys are asking over $1400 but only a few seem to be full conversions.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
I may be after just the box in the future, no conversion. Can never have too many R33 boxes for spares!
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Full conversion from $1500 - $3000 depending on how good it all is. Price will really depend on how long you want to hold onto it. If you want a quick sale, price accordingly. Take lots of photos and put some effort into your add.
0 likes
14mtbArchived member
Thanks all. What about the dyno side of things? I got a fairly healty setup and would probably need a 4k convertor. I know I could ask my tuner but I dont have one yet! I would prefer to spanner it as much as I can and then get it tuned. I think I know the answer (keep the manual) but I just want to get rid of it and go the auto Has anyone actually tuned the same setup manual / auto and found it to be benificial? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
well tuning is all about the engine. the transmission is still pretty much mechanuical and seperate. it's like asking about tuning a car and then changing doff gears... just get a manualised auto and slap it in. choose a converter. 4k is huge. if its a pure race car ok but if you want an all rounder its stupid. just get a line locker so you can build up boost and a smaller stall.
0 likes
14mtbArchived member
Yeh this is purely my Sunday car. Big turbo, 1147c etc. So should be fun. Last built motor I had was a 355 with a 5k stall so 4k will be ok for the once a month it gets used. Thanks for the advice thoug. May as well sell it and do it how I want now. Cheers.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,771 threads, 89,469 posts and 1,208 images saved from CT

34.4% of indexed threads saved