Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

T56 tremec fluid change in VY SS Commodore

Started by RB30DEVL · 27 Apr 2012 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RB30DEVLArchived member
I thought I'd better write this up for people who own any LS1 powered vehicle with the 6 speed Tremec bolted to it. I had trouble with shifting the gears in my VY Commodore so I decided to dump all the fluid out of the gearbox, when it came out, it was all black so I'm glad I did that as Holden don't specify any fluid change intervals for this transmission,as I said in other posts, I don't think they expect anybody to still have the car after 200,000 kms, mines nudging on 263,000 kms, I'd say the service schedule only covers the warranty period. Yeah , they use Dexron III fluid just like the T5's do and I've decided to change it every 100,000 kms, the gearbox shift feels a lot better now.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
I think I posted it somewhere here as well, but Penrite and Mainlube do a gear oil that is suitable for the T56 is the commodores. You think its good now.. it is better again.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,880 threads, 79,479 posts and 995 images saved from CT

31.8% of indexed threads saved