Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Advice for a amp

Started by 88vlct · 25 Apr 2012 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

88vlctArchived member
hey everyone, I'm not really good with car stereos and just wondering if someone could help me with choosing an amp. I'm not going to run a sub just want a amp for my speakers. This is my head unit http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/product...0UB/index.html (http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/22/1864/61/MVH-1450UB/index.html) These are my speakers (front doors and parcel shelf) http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/product...43R/index.html (http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/25/131/201/TS-G1643R/index.html) Basically i want to run the speakers off the amp. Cheers for the help
0 likes
crowieeeArchived member
Hey mate Personally, I would run those speakers off the head unit. Going from the (roughly) 18-25w RMS from the head unit to run the 30w RMS speakers would be enough If I was you I would save up and get a decent set of front speakers such as: http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/product...84S/index.html (http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/25/131/201/TS-A1684S/index.html) - I ran these in my front doors before I upgraded and I am very happy And run these off an amp. If you are willing to tell me how much your looking to spend I'm happy to help you with your set up. Cheers
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Take it from me, ive had 3 different sets of speakers in the front of my car. BUY IT ONCE, BUY IT RIGHT.
0 likes
ilegalfunArchived member
i have also had over 4 sets in the rear!! and on my 2nd in the front. i learnt that if im gna play them that loud, better off buying a higher end set once then buying ****ter ones 3 times -.- with the money i spend couldve bought type x splits.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today103

9,389 threads, 65,472 posts and 795 images saved from CT

27.4% of indexed threads saved