Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I want to mount my turbo as low as possible in my RB30 track car, so here is my thought.
I have dummy engine in and a set of NA extractors, was thinking of cutting the flanges of the lower section of them and having a mate fabricate up the turbo mount on the ends of that, nice and low and back where its is nice and out of the way.
I think it would be good down there out of the way but i am no turbo expert, so what are the pros and cons of doing this?
good idea or bad?
0 likes
Never seen that before, but im thinking it will work but there might be lag in boost and concidering it is so low, water could crack or damage the turbo
0 likes
You would have to run a oil pump on the turbo oil return.
What' the reason for mounting so far back/down
0 likes
Lag cos further from head same as the v8 drag cars that had them stealth hidden by diff but off trans brake this didn't bother them , I recon wat your gaining. by low mounting it to get a low centre of gravity your gonna lose through lag
0 likes