Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

VX-VZ Commodore universal joint replacement

Started by RB30DEVL · 23 Apr 2012 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RB30DEVLArchived member
I've noticed the universal joints that are fitted to the Commodores from the VX Commodore onwards are "staked in" , yeah, Holden doesn't sell uni joints for the tailshafts, rather that you buy a whole new tailshaft or get a second hand or exchange rebuilt unit (I don't know why Holden did that for, maybe that's what they thought I wanted,watching too much TV perhaps). I was going to do a write up including pics on how to rebuild these units, that would involve a bit of measuring (using vernier calipers) and removing the staked points with a die grinder, I'm sure I can get those unis for $9.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,849 threads, 79,239 posts and 990 images saved from CT

31.7% of indexed threads saved