Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

rb20det running rich plz help

Started by VLENVY · 18 Apr 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLENVYArchived member
Hi guys I need ya help i know its a skyline lol but some you run these engines about a month ago I bought a 89 r32 gtst and its been running real rich I don't know why I'll let you know a couple of things that were already done when I bought it the turbo has been taken off and it has a r33 AFM and I think it still runs a turbo computer it hesitate's till 2000rpm then it pulls really hard if i clutch dump it @ 2000rpm it just lights up both back wheels i posted in skyline australia and they just shut me down bloody rice burners lmao here is a link so u can have a giggle http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...n-anyone-help/ (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/397998-my-r32-is-running-rich-can-anyone-help/)
0 likes
vl5speedArchived member
Wait so theres no turbo on it? if its got no turbo on it and still got the turbo injectors and ecu im pretty sure thats why its running rich and someone correct me if im wrong but a 33 afm isnt suitable for a 32?
0 likes
VLENVYArchived member
True I'm lookin @ a rb20de computer for $100 is that cheap And could I throw a set of rb30e injecters in it
0 likes
vl5speedArchived member
I very much doubt rb30 injectors will fit/run on a rb20 ecu. Just put the turbo back on take it for a dyno and job done.
0 likes
VLENVYArchived member
I wish I could mate but im on my Ps for 1 more year So try and get a set of rb20e injecters Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLENVYArchived member
its a vacuum problem how are the vacuum pipes suppose to run i played around with them today and seems like im starting fix the problems its no longer hesitating
0 likes
MonstaS4Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vl5speed [View Post] Wait so theres no turbo on it? if its got no turbo on it and still got the turbo injectors and ecu im pretty sure thats why its running rich....... Sorry.....incorrect. The AFM governs which part of the fuel map is read, it's just that without a turbo it won't be accessing the +ve pressure part of the map. Dunno about R32/R33 AFM compatibility though. As for the vac pipes, need some more specific info....maybe a pic of where you think the problem is.
0 likes
VLENVYArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MonstaS4 [View Post] Sorry.....incorrect. The AFM governs which part of the fuel map is read, it's just that without a turbo it won't be accessing the +ve pressure part of the map. Dunno about R32/R33 AFM compatibility though. As for the vac pipes, need some more specific info....maybe a pic of where you think the problem is. so with the fuel map if i change the computer to a RB20de it should help and the vac lines weren't connected
0 likes
MonstaS4Archived member
No. The ecu must be matched to the injectors, afm & compression ratio. Providing the r33 afm is the same as the r32, then what you have is correct. The rb20de ecu will suit a higher compression ratio and the fuel map will probably be different.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today99

8,959 threads, 61,934 posts and 786 images saved from CT

26.2% of indexed threads saved