Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Do I need Microtech adaptor for Laptop??

Started by jadyn_fmx · 18 Apr 2012 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

jadyn_fmxArchived member
Hi, Just wondering about connecting my laptop to my Microtech LT10S can I do this with a standard 9pin serial cable or do I need the Microtech Adapter??? Im getting conflicting answers searching the net. this is the adaptor http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW...em 519b19c339 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-MICROTECH-ECU-LAPTOP-ADAPTOR-DONGLE-/350494507833?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519b19c339)
0 likes
GillyArchived member
Yeah you're gonna need that adapter, you can get a USB one I would just get that instead.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Actually yeah i think you do need that, but as the man says, get a USB one so you dont have to adapt the serial port to your laptop. Im in this predicament at the moment..
0 likes
jadyn_fmxArchived member
thanks guys, got one and connected perfect. I have a few old laptops lying around so just got the 9pin serial
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today14

16,753 threads, 167,977 posts and 1,897 images saved from CT

48.9% of indexed threads saved