Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

1986 VL SL Manual

Started by gld-vlc · 13 Apr 2012 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

gld-vlcArchived member
Hey, Looking at buying a Silver VL SL. It is a manual and has done around 85,000k's, No rust or dents. Interior is in excellent condition. It is pretty much stock as a rock. What would be a good price to pay?? Cheers
0 likes
AAR0NArchived member
if it's as good as it sounds (near new), i reckon 5-6. not over that, though. might as well buy a turbo one if you pay more. that's if you got a full license. but then again, you could do a conversion. anyway, you didn't ask what you should do. 5-6 if it's as i imagine it
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
I would buy it just for being a silver manual, turbo it later and Bobs your uncle.
0 likes
Bro_SpeedArchived member
Non turbo and as you described, no more than $4000. if you can find one.
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
I'd pay around $2000 for that one , I said around $1000 - $1500 on another thread because most VL's would have more than 200,000 kms on them. Yeah , it's stupid how an employer doesn't like me buying either a new or later model car yet they wonder why I have to fix them up that good that the parts in them last for another 410,000 kms when the car already has 300,000 kms on the odometer. They wondered why I had to rebuild a leaky power steering rack at 300,000 kms in my first VL, couldn't afford new tyres at 460,000 kms and wrote it off, then to use that rack in my current VL for another 250,000 kms, they wonder where the hell I live and I try telling them to provide me with more stable & better paying employment so I can afford to buy a later model one, which I ended up doing , then they send me to the mental hospital. I asked Holden (E-mailed them) to see whether they'd considered fitting a manual transmission behind their 3 litre in the VE Commodore (it's only available with an automatic option) ,I haven't yet heard back from them and I said I'd consider buying one off them if they did.
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] I'd pay around $2000 for that one , I said around $1000 - $1500 on another thread because most VL's would have more than 200,000 kms on them. Yeah , it's stupid how an employer doesn't like me buying either a new or later model car yet they wonder why I have to fix them up that good that the parts in them last for another 410,000 kms when the car already has 300,000 kms on the odometer. They wondered why I had to rebuild a leaky power steering rack at 300,000 kms in my first VL, couldn't afford new tyres at 460,000 kms and wrote it off, then to use that rack in my current VL for another 250,000 kms, they wonder where the hell I live and I try telling them to provide me with more stable & better paying employment so I can afford to buy a later model one, which I ended up doing , then they send me to the mental hospital. I asked Holden (E-mailed them) to see whether they'd considered fitting a manual transmission behind their 3 litre in the VE Commodore (it's only available with an automatic option) ,I haven't yet heard back from them and I said I'd consider buying one off them if they did. ...ok then lol
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] I'd pay around $2000 for that one , I said around $1000 - $1500 on another thread because most VL's would have more than 200,000 kms on them. Yeah , it's stupid how an employer doesn't like me buying either a new or later model car yet they wonder why I have to fix them up that good that the parts in them last for another 410,000 kms when the car already has 300,000 kms on the odometer. They wondered why I had to rebuild a leaky power steering rack at 300,000 kms in my first VL, couldn't afford new tyres at 460,000 kms and wrote it off, then to use that rack in my current VL for another 250,000 kms, they wonder where the hell I live and I try telling them to provide me with more stable & better paying employment so I can afford to buy a later model one, which I ended up doing , then they send me to the mental hospital. I asked Holden (E-mailed them) to see whether they'd considered fitting a manual transmission behind their 3 litre in the VE Commodore (it's only available with an automatic option) ,I haven't yet heard back from them and I said I'd consider buying one off them if they did. Go see a therapist dude. He's asking a question about how much he should pay, not how much you were screwed by you x employer Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
X3 that came out now where
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today32

20,476 threads, 241,424 posts and 2,526 images saved from CT

59.8% of indexed threads saved