Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

How much should you pay for a Vlc Non turbo ??

Started by MKD30T · 12 Apr 2012 · 29 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MKD30TArchived member
Hey all, I'm looking at buying a Vlc non turbo and just wanted to know what price I should be looking at for a clean one because some people are asking for some ridiculous prices.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Hard to say... up to 5 grand? Every car is different. Its just depends.... if you have ebay links you could put them up here and see what people reckon
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
I paid 2 grand for mine. clean paint, interior was rough. average ks and about a grands worth of little things keeping it off rwc. very little rust. It mainy comes down to what the seller is willing to sell it for and how much your willing to pay. Just gotta search around for a bargain
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Sounds about right... my mate just picked one up. sun burnt roof paint, idling rough, decent kays, MINT S2 interior... $2500
0 likes
vlwagzArchived member
i would think about 4-4,500g for one in good condition maybe a bit more for one that is immaculate.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Search gum tree n eBay n go look. Price is not every thing. You need to look in persone. I sold a n/a for 2 because ppl r sooo tight in vic lol to many Vl to choose from. Try to get a stock Calais for $4 there a good base to start from. And Unlike an exec if engine or box goes there so comfy to sit in n cry lol N when u sell it u probably won't get all ur cash back that u spent on it so dont stress just do ur home work
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
you never make your money back on cars lol fact of life. I'd look for something thats around the 4-6 mark if I did it again. but thats half the fun of vls. finding new parts to replace the old and broken!
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
If you get desperate Go to NSW or south Australia n Look theres so many stock Vl there n the cloture isn't there to molest n modify them as much. I'm amazed there's any stock vls left in vic hehe. N I mean stock not ( for sale 100% stock Vl with 2.5 sound sys. Cai. Different cluster. Wheels springs extractors , head unit, s/wheel, breaks, s/w lol
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
Theres still a fair few out in the country. just gotta give it time and ask around. I know its not a vl but a good example was in albury once I found a bog stock VH slx 75xxxkms factory V8 with aircon no rust interior was immac. wanted 3500 for it. was so close to buying it! I got my VL in dallas (probs not the best place to buy a vl lol) but it was all factory aside from a closed door respray and a pioneer cassette player!
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
i bought mine for 1k, by the time ive finished restoring it, i would have probably spent 3500-4000 all up. Not too bad
0 likes
MKD30TArchived member
Well I'm from nsw and around here people are asking from 7k to 15k for just a n/a and most of them are ready for the scrap yard.
0 likes
EpitaphArchived member
You should pay twice as much as half the price.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
I met a young p-plater last night on the way home in a mint LE (replica?, didnt have the HDT moulds stamped). Perfect paint. He was considering selling it for $7000. Thats a great price for a genuine LE, even if its a replica, still not half bad.
0 likes
MKD30TArchived member
I'm currently looking at a few between 7-8k and was just wondering if they were asking too much cause I seen some vlct going for around the same price.
0 likes
NukzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Epitaph [View Post] You should pay twice as much as half the price. This man speaks the truth
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
We picked up an original relatively clean one for about 4000 with minimal work to get it road worthy. It got a light coat of paint after the typical window rust repairs. then it turned into the next drag machine. keep 20 aside for that part!!
0 likes
MKD30TArchived member
It's going to be a while if I end up putting a turbo in it or any mods just going to keep it stock as a rock.
0 likes
swifty!Archived member
It all depends on the car itself mate. I overpayed for mine, but i wanted it badly haha.
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
About $1000- $1500
0 likes
NutterArchived member
Sounds like my patience paid off, I bought my dec 87 calais gold/tan interior, had a 304/TH700 conversion already and done by a specialist not typical VL backyard style including all V8 brakes/booster/diff as well as new bilsteins all round. Car was stock height, stock body and interior down to the cassette deck and to make things sweeter the front scuttle had been cut and replaced with a new one and needed only a couple of bulbs and exhaust hanger for RWC....I paid $2300 + $95 return to fly to sydney to check it out and $125 to get it shipped back here. Here we are 2 years later and I've had to replace harmonic balancer woodruff and a TPS for a grand total of $20.00. Of course the body kit, custom dash, TH400, GT35, leather, springs, senator sigs etc etc cost a bit more since lol, but still shows just how crazy some prices are especially for molested examples. They are NOT worth what a lot of people ask, you need to be patient and know what your buying, if your not mechanically minded pay a mechanic to look it over (not all of us charge the earth).
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,661 threads, 100,272 posts and 1,280 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved