Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I was wondering if anybody has tried putting a Nissan VK56DE V8 into a VL Commodore, they have got a VK56VD in the later ones with VVEL (variable valve event & lift system)
I've already seen that someone on youtube has fitted the older VH41DE into a VL and a couple of HR31 Skylines have had the VH45DE fitted to them (one in twin turbo form).
I've seen that they've went to a lot of trouble to get that sort of power out of these engines,the latest VK56VD puts out 310KW's in stock form and I'm not sure whether they can run on regular unleaded like the stock range VK56DE can.
What I'm say is that a stock unopened LS1 or LS2 can be tuned to put out that sort of power, mines putting out around 300kws and being more simplistic in design, they still only use a 16 valve pushrod motor as opposed to a 32 valve quad cam engine.
The only exception here would be the VK56DE which has been tuned to put out 450kws at the flywheel in the latest Skyline GTR which is way above the power output of that engine in stock form which only has 230- 240FWKW (around the power output of a stock LS1)
0 likes
the expense of putting a brand new skyline engine into a vl would be way to excessive. an ls1 has been tried and tested and parts readily sourced. it won't be done anytime soon.
0 likes
have you asked your employer about this?
0 likes
This is the beginning of the thread 'my engine conversion wont work and its all my employers fault because they have a bumpy driveway'
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
[View Post]
the expense of putting a brand new skyline engine into a vl would be way to excessive. an ls1 has been tried and tested and parts readily sourced. it won't be done anytime soon.
The VK engine he is talking about isnt the new GTR motor. I'm pretty sure he is saying that someone put a VK motor in a new GTR (New GTR motor is a VR from memory, could be wrong)
0 likes
well i'm happy to admit my lack of knowledge on nissan v8's. what are they out of? the point stands, 300rwkw should be achievable with an ls2 with opening up the exhaust and a mafless tune from what I hear so why bother with custom fabbed mounts etc.
0 likes