Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

Please HELP! been scamed hard!!

Started by robp30l · 26 Mar 2012 · 13 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

robp30lArchived member
Hi Just before Christmas I purchased an rb26 head and turbo that was advertised by (vl-walkie) http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=245882 Transferred $7800 into his account and was delivered to my door a few days later. After receiving the good I was a lil unsure of the head as it looked to be used but it was advertised as been �absolutely brand new� but I thought it may have had a lil dyno time so I put it aside. A few weeks then past and had a change of plans with the build so I advertised the head to be sold. After sending a few pics to a guy that was interested in buying the head he told me it looked standard. That�s when I got Kirt (grunter01) to check the head out with his mechanic and got told the head is completely standard with the only mods being a slight port and polish. After receiving the news on the head I contacted Luke (vl-walkie) and told him that the head he sent was standard and not what he had advertised. He then told me that he will refund me on the head and chase the problem with the previous owner that he brought the head of. I�ve giving him 3 months now and in that time I�ve been trying to contact him but his not answering his phone or returning my call�s or sms�s. I�ve got his full name, bank details and phone number. I�m unsure on what to do next? Do I take it up with the police or my solicitor? Any help will be muchly appreciated. Rob
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Dunno whether you can go to small claims with an amount like that, but i doubt the police will want to know about it. My question is if there was a previous owner, why does the guy talk in his sale thread like he's the one who built it? Pretty deceptive..
0 likes
aus880Archived member
always more difficult being interstate for so many reasons you need to be 100% sure re it being a standard head, you'll need something in writing from an expert first and foremost keep diary records of everything incl all conversations and contact or attempted contact with the seller legal advice, maybe try a chamber magistrate at your local court. try not to get too complex re mech details or their eyes will glaze over. Ultimately it's about items you bought being allegedly misrepresented by the seller
0 likes
robp30lArchived member
looking into it a lil more where he states that ( A mate was running a nearly identical setup to me, (only difference was in the bottom end, for example piston brands and **** like that. Same stroke and everything) exact same head, turbo, ecu everything. only difference was, he screwed it all together and got it on the road & I just didnt have the time or patience. His VL made 1346rwhp on 47psi, running race fuel and swinging that needle around to 12,500rpm.) He bought the head of Rob(gone in 7) no vl made that power, it was his supra engine. His just spinning ****. ---------- Post added 26-03-12 at 21:44 ---------- cheers for that aus088 Ive been keeping records of phone calls and sms's
0 likes
aus880Archived member
^^maybe a cut and paste from what Rob said when selling it to him?
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Quote: 4. Alright, the good stuff. RB26DETT head, fully machined, built & prepped by none other then the infamous JUNracing in Japan. The head has undertaken 18hrs of hand porting. Flow bench sheets for 1500hp+. Head consists of JUN retainers, JUN springs, JUN valve guides,Massive grind JUN cams are 280/11.5mm & ferrea oversized valves. CNC ported. Head is absolutley brand new, and cost $11,088 down to the dollar. I'm not keen to let it go for anything under half what i paid So it has no JUN parts, receipts or flow bench results?
0 likes
robp30lArchived member
Not a single jun part. Heads have been ported but defiantly not cnc'd. He was meant 2 send me flow sheets, recipts etc but when I recived the head they weren't supplied so I called him and he said he moved into a new place and will send them when he finds them as they were packed away. Could this be the biggest rip off in calaisturbo history? Lol
0 likes
pickledArchived member
You deposited 8 grand into an account owned by someone you've never met before?..
0 likes
robp30lArchived member
$500 deposit, rest of the cash was transferred when the goods were with the courier company.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
For 8k i whould of flew there first and inspected myself! Keep all records like aus said and take it up with a solicitor.. Will cost you more $$$ but if he is not responding you havent got any other choice.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
FYI vl-walkie last: posted on here Dec 4 2011 @ 1817 visited here Feb 22 2012 last activity Feb 28 2012 his registered email addy: [email removed]
0 likes
CalaisMEArchived member
Sorry to hear that rob!!!! I've been bitten too (never again). The lesson i have learnt is never deposit anythin in anybodies account unless you have inspected the goods. Even if it means flyin there.... Have u talked with ur bank at all? See if u can raise a dispute withdrawal. Thats what im currently doin? Might work? Good luck with it mate. ***in low lives.....
0 likes
robp30lArchived member
Yeah true never again!! Not yet but I'll look onto it. It's been a few months so im not sure if I've left it to late?
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Im pretty sure you have a case for like 7 years
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,662 threads, 100,522 posts and 1,281 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved