25-03-12, 21:07 GMT+10#1
Well, the title explains a lot!! but anyway..
I've had the old VL for 2 years now, bought it when i was 16 for $600. Auto trans was cactus, so i bought a recon one for $750. popped the new trans in up in the shed, got her running sweet as. I've had my P's for about 4 months, and have enjoyed using the VL as my daily driver. I don't thrash the **** out of it, I need to respect my car, and my lisence. being an apprentice, i need my car to get to and from work, and i need my lisence to be able to drive work vehicles! I only earn $7.80 an hour, so i've been looking after the car, so it doesnt cost me a whole lot of cash.
but anyway, this afternoon i was heading down to u-pullit, to see if there was any decent bits and peices going for VL's, picked up a nice horn pad, and made my way home. 5 minutes from home... 'WOOP WOOP'
oh, *******s. whats the worst he's gonna do? give me a breathe test, check my lisence, and i'll be on my way. hahahaha, yeah i wish. Copper tells me one of my tail lights is out, oh ok, ill head up to a servo and get a new globe pronto officer! that wasn't good enough, he did a nice insepction on the side of the road. checked all the lights, indicators, horn, handbrake, put the transmission through all the gears, wriggled the seats, looked at seatbelts, checked the suspension, checked the tyres... had a nice inspection under the bonnet. he went back to his car, comes back with a nice canary for the window, and a nice defect slip for me.
got defect for the tail light, rubber boot on the tie-rod end, some wiring on the fuse rail..(i recently put a new fuse rail in, and hadnt taped up the wiring loom yet!)
And of course, it has to go through regency. I'm ****ed. so basically, im looking at getting a new car, cheap, because i cant afford ****. old bloke across the road pranged his VS, beautiful VS, light front end damage. could pick that up for about $300 and fix it up, or a mate has a VN i might be able to scoop up for $400ish. leaning towards the VS though. and then i'll fix up the defects on the paper, put the VL through regency, see what other defects it gets. and then i'll make a decision.
Fix my defects, and take it through regency again or wreck the car( I really don't want to, its a very clean VL... but if i have to, i have to)
being in my financial position, i'm guessing I'll be wrecking my beloved VL within the next month though.
sooooo yeah.
anyone in adelaide selling a car cheap? haha
0 likes
