Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Problems at the pump

Started by VL.23.NV · 22 Mar 2012 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VL.23.NVArchived member
G'day gents, got an issue while filling up my VL, im not to familiar with the mechanic side of things but in a nutshell when im filling up my car, before i really put much fuel in it, say i put bout 20L in it, the bowser thingo clicks asif it's full and a fair amount of petrol gushes out of the tank, but then i can just simply continue filling up but keeps repeating, click gush click gush so basically i thought the problem was im filling it up too fast but when im barely toughing the trigger filling prolly .05L a sec it still keeps gushing out. Anyone know what ay be the problem whether its the fuel pump or something wrong with the tank.. i honestly have no clue and so did the mechanic which i took it too but prolly he;s a dumbsht. Thanks boys.
0 likes
patchArchived member
blocked breather hose possibly?
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
I'd pull the tank down and check all the breather hoses. Make sure none are blocked or perished and are connected correctly.
0 likes
VL.23.NVArchived member
will do thanks alot guys
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
I found this to be a problem with my VY SS Commodore, what I have found happens is if the nozzle is pushed in too far air builds up in the tank and the bowser thinks the tank is full, I'm not sure if the old mechanical fuel bowsers are that sensitive but I'm talking about the electronic ones. So what I do is only insert the nozzle half way so the air can escape out from around the nozzle and I don't have any problems.
0 likes
Bro_SpeedArchived member
I Have the same problem. Its the big breather hose going from the filler neck to the tank being blocked some how. you can get a new one from holden for $4.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] I found this to be a problem with my VY SS Commodore, what I have found happens is if the nozzle is pushed in too far air builds up in the tank and the bowser thinks the tank is full, I'm not sure if the old mechanical fuel bowsers are that sensitive but I'm talking about the electronic ones. So what I do is only insert the nozzle half way so the air can escape out from around the nozzle and I don't have any problems. I do the same thing with my XR6. If it's pushed in too far or sometimes on a funny angle it will click as if its full. Once you adjust it out a little it's fine again.
0 likes
VL.23.NVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] I found this to be a problem with my VY SS Commodore, what I have found happens is if the nozzle is pushed in too far air builds up in the tank and the bowser thinks the tank is full, I'm not sure if the old mechanical fuel bowsers are that sensitive but I'm talking about the electronic ones. So what I do is only insert the nozzle half way so the air can escape out from around the nozzle and I don't have any problems. That may just be problem, i'll check it out but I have a feeling it might be the breather hose because the car was sitting for so long attracting dirt. Thanks so much for the help fellas.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today8

16,174 threads, 155,849 posts and 1,797 images saved from CT

47.2% of indexed threads saved