Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi I was just wonderin what parts i would need if i put a complete ls1 engine + turbo in. what are the parts that would be needed if I were to convert it over. not engine terms
0 likes
how much + what parts mate ?
0 likes
Why dont you put the engine in first & get it engineered and then worry about turbo
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonez
[View Post]
Why dont you put the engine in first & get it engineered and then worry about turbo
well its the turbo kit on the drivetrain for sale area on page 2.
I have no idea about engines and parts that associate with the car if i were to put that kit in.
asking a mechanic for his idea on it. I need to know what needs to be done and how much.
---------- Post added 21-03-12 at 22:06 ----------
engineer costs for that ? someone ?
0 likes
1 x ECU � Flash scan reprogram � MAFLESS tune
1 x Comprehensive �high output� Twin Turbo system
1 x Air to air intercooler system
8 x High performance fuel injectors
1 x 2-bar map sensor
8 x Forced induction specific spark plugs
1 x Adaption to existing exhaust system
1 x Walbro Fuel pump upgrade
1 x HPF Cold thermostat
470kw
Price: $17.990
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Turbo would probably be easier to fit, compared with trying to fit extractors down past the starter. Try check out the LS1 conversion thread. Good info in there.
For a single turbo setup though, you'd want at least a GT42. No point skimping out on the turbo.
I dunno if 17k is an accurate figure :S, Seems overly high.
0 likes
18 grand? thats rough man. u sure? i got 12k. i was thinking 8 for eng+turbo, buying a nice VL without an engine in it for 1.5g and rest Labour and parts. am i dreaming?
0 likes
I think so, crazy $ to think of spending on a VL
you could buy a VT with 5.7 and turbo it for less and end up with a better car and also be guaranteed to get it finished quicker
0 likes
22-03-12, 09:15 GMT+10#10 anyone else think im dreaming ??
can it be done ?
0 likes
22-03-12, 11:13 GMT+10#12 Converting my RB30ET VL to LS1 VL (no turbo, just N/A for now) is costing me about $16.5k.
Think twice before going down the LS1 route. Sure I could have done it cheaper, but I have chosen to spend a good deal of $$ on some good quality, over-engineered, future-proofed parts.
Going to be wicked fun though.
0 likes