Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

My purple dream

Started by VL.2.ENV · 21 Mar 2012 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VL.2.ENVArchived member
Heya blokes, long time reader first time poster. My names Moe, im 19 and on my P plates; I purchased this VL Turbo from one of my uncles in 09 and started driving it about 6 months ago. This is my project car I drive on the weekends. Just posting on this site to view other peoples oppinions and see if I could get any help with some of the problems with the car =) This is the car when I first bought it: It was pretty dirty, On the same location we dismantled the turbo and changed the front 2 brake pads and done a minor service; mind you the car hasn't been driven for 3 years straight... sitting in the driveway. We basically didn't touch the intercooler except for fitting pipes which lead nowhere and kept most of the turbo components there hoses and all. When I bought this car, it had prolly the worst tints i'd ever see in my life luckily a mate at Tint-My-Ride fixed me up and Bankstown Muffler fit a new cat and 3" dumpy. Also the rust the car had spread across the entire windscreen and some on the driver side door, I fixed up the rust around with windscreen with one of the most bodgy c*nts ever, scratched the windscreen, overspray on passanger side and the worst is the front panel where the wipers are on is now completely out of shape which will cost me a fair amount to replace, luckily my cousin manages a workshop at Botany so he fixed me up and redone the rust and resprayed the entire roof and both front quater panels, you can tell in the photos the quality in the paint. Btw it is the exact same paintcode, again the guy who sprayed it first done a bodgy job.. Also found out recently that water leaks onto the passanger side seat, apparently from the little hose which runs down the side of the car being blocked. The interior smells like old man, mainly because the roof lining has terrible mould or stains I don't even know main reason why we havn't taken it to get it detailed and treated because the lining can easily stretch and/or get damaged so I will prolly wait till I get the interior re-done before I touch the roof, after we aired out the car for like... 3-4 days in the garage started to smell normal. There are afew scratches outside of the car which will need to be fixed, like the first time I ever drove the car to park it in my VERY squishy garage I nicked the wall, and the time when I was at a mates house and the garbage trucks (the ones with the mechanical arms which grabs the bins) basically raped the back end of my car. But you know what, all up after all the problems with this car, there is no thought of replacing this car, not even a swap with another VL. After all the crap you go through to fix all the minor details. Im very lucky that it's mechanically A1 and that there is no rust beneath the car or in any really damaging spots. Here are some of the good pics somewhat; I hope all the images are correct size and whatnot, I used tinypic.com Thanks for checking out my post guys. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
nice ride. keep the pics comin
0 likes
VL.2.ENVArchived member
Will do, realised I posted this on the wrong CT.com account sigh, made a new one when I got this plate, VL.23.NV =.=
0 likes
VL.23.NVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL.2.ENV [View Post] Will do, realised I posted this on the wrong CT.com account sigh, made a new one when I got this plate, VL.23.NV =.= This is my new account I will be posting with from now on =/ ---------- Post added 22-03-12 at 10:54 ---------- Picked up some window moulds this morning, called up alteast 60 wreckers to find these, finally found a place in bankstown called Commwreck which towed over a vl overnight from newcastle, check out the place if you guys are looking for some rare spares, they brought in a series 200 , which i heard were fairly rare nower days. cheers boys Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,786 threads, 78,552 posts and 973 images saved from CT

31.5% of indexed threads saved