Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Wade 818

Started by mothy87 · 19 Mar 2012 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mothy87Archived member
Hey guys I've got a wade 818 with machined lifter blocks to suit and was planning on running it was standard VLT manual Ecu!! I have othe moda including T3/T4, 3" ex, cooler etc!! I've heard people run it but others say its too big for standard vlt ecu anyone had experience with this cam?? Thanks guys
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Overall a good cam. ATM I'm running a wade 818 with heavier springs, LINK G3 & 610cc deka injectors. It was allot easier to tune than the 1147c. Don't know if the standard ecu & adjusting the AFM will counter react with a larger valve lift. ie(larger turbo means more air running through your AFM & the larger valve lift would mean more air going past you oxygen sensor). You might get away with a Z32 air flow meter & a nistune. http://www.wadecams.com/ Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
I had the same cam in my previous VLT with standard computer and it ran fine and felt really good! I recommend it and I'll be putting one in my current VL also
0 likes
mothy87Archived member
Thanks guys
0 likes
VLT87KalArchived member
will a manual transimission in anyway at all effect cam choices?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,611 threads, 76,832 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.0% of indexed threads saved