Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
getting a new recod diff. i hear stock they have 3.07 gears. the bloke at diffs2u said i can have any gears i want. i said 3.9 he laughd an said it would b fun but no good. he has talked me into 3.45 gears. WHAT U THINK? paid 950 deliverd
0 likes
I have 3.46s in mine(also auto) and it wakes it up a bit but if I could do it again I would go at least 3.7s. If you don't do a lot of highway driving I don't see 3.9s as being too bad.
Also a mate of mine Got his diff done at Diffs2u and they f ucked it 3 times. He ended up towing it to trans gears and Diffs to redo the lot
0 likes
so il notice the difference i woulda put 3.9 in it but on highway al the time
0 likes
Yeah not a great deal but for the money you'll wish you went 3.7s.
0 likes
r u sure? how high wil it rev at 100 i can stil order it
0 likes
3.46s will sit at 2000rpm at 100ks not sure about 3.7s, maybe 2200. Just going by my experiences as I wish I went a different ratio. 3.46s may be fine for you tho I think 3.7s in an auto are good allround.
0 likes
Diffs2u are sh1t!
Go to a proper diff place and def get 3.9s or 3.7s at a minimum!
Heaps of ppl run 3.9s in an auto!
0 likes
If you plan on keeping the engine stock run low gears like 3.9 if you plan on making decent power don't go under 3.7 even 3.46 with good power will just wheel spin everywhere. We do ratio changes and tend not to go under 3.46 unless manual, that way you can use 6th gear
0 likes
thanks heaps 4 the help. they talked me into the 3.46 or 3.45 whatever it is. hope i made the rite choice. soon find out.
0 likes