Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

VY SS Commodore / Job woes

Started by RB30DEVL · 8 Mar 2012 · 26 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RB30DEVLArchived member
Well , I've commented on here before about employers snooping around on the weekends and watching what I do , I was unemployed for 18 months (2010 - 2011) and I am now (I've been stood down from Westrac pending an issue , yeah I was going through Labour hire) , well, Joblink plus in Raymond Terrace got me a job up at Tea Gardens which is like 1 hour north of Newcastle , SUM1 doesn't realize that a VY SS Commodore isn't a 4 x 4 , I had trouble getting this through their thick skulls. The road going into the workplace was a total "goat track" , this is what damage it did to my car :- - Cracked exhaust from the cats back (got a new exhaust system & cats fitted after the job after that , which I also got fired from) -Damaged fuel sender unit/worn fuel pump (fuel ran low on a lot of occasions due to being on a low income, replace fuel sender unit) - Blocked fuel injectors (replaced the whole set) - Stuffed fuel filter (wasn't filtering the fuel, replace fuel filter) - At Pindimar (near Tea gardens) the Great lakes shire council decided to gouge a huge section of road out without blocking it off (they usually get people to use the other lane), drove into that, had a tyre blowout & the R/H strut is now leaking gas, the battery also got knocked out of its holder. - So , on the job after that one (better money) , I got a new set of tyres fitted - Fouled up o2 sensors (replace o2 sensors) - Loose intake manifold bolts, air leak (replace all bolts & gaskets) - Faulty spark plugs (replace) -Faulty leads (replace) - Air leak at purge control solenoid (quick connect fitting wore out due to vibration, replace with fuel hose) - Battery was on its way out anyway (replace) Changed the coolant in the system,changed all the hoses , all these other things decide to fail afterwards :- Water pump begins to leak from the impeller seal (replace water pump) That pump fails (replace with different brand of pump, still o.k.) Heater valve fails (replace heater valve) Radiator fails (replace) Air conditioning condenser pipe cracks (second one replaced, fit foam underneath the condenser because the plastic clips which hold it wore out up there) Things to still be replaced on it :- Front struts & springs & strut mounts, I did say the right hand one was leaking gas. Rear springs & shock absorbers I will replace both caster bushes , lower control arm bushes and lower ball joints whilst everything is apart, saves doing that later. Sway bar bushes I also went back to a paper air filter from K & N filter because I don't think that that one filters out moisture, had MAF troubles in wet weather, maybe a MAFless tune would fix that but the paper filter is cheaper in the interim. Gotta check the rear axles , I thought I heard CV noise yesterday. The car has done a bit over 260,000 kms on it & the engine is still good ( change the oil & filter every 5000 kms),my dad reckons my car isn't the reason I can't keep a job, but I keep on trying the explain all the abovementioned to a lot of people & they still don't get all of that, a lot of this probably wouldn't have had to be done so soon if the car didn't go through all of that ,yeah I've been trying to tell those employers this for years & they still can't get THAT through their thick skulls !!!. Yeah , it's not like I can go out and spend $55,000 on a brand new VE SS Commodore, what do they expect from me & want me to do ????
0 likes
REALISTArchived member
awesome story
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Wtf is this thread? Don't buy a car with 260 thou clicks, go buy a ****ter and use that till you get a half decent job or a job at least! Damm gave me a headache!
0 likes
slammedvzArchived member
so you think all this happened to your car coz of your job??? get a grip cowboy.
0 likes
IEVLVXArchived member
Lol, what the fcuk is this thread about?
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
The bloke just needs to vent
0 likes
THCArchived member
its got 260,000 kms, my vl's done less lol , sh!t needs replacing on cars all the time ,as the saying go's if its got wheels or t!ts its gunna cost you money.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: this is what damage it did to my car i'm still looking for the list Quote: yeah I've been trying to tell those employers this for years & they still can't get THAT through their thick skulls !!!. what are you trying to tell them? all your car woes which are nothing to do with them nobody makes you own a VY SS with high kms, maybe time to rethink priorities and choice of car
0 likes
gngztaArchived member
lol is this bloke on crack?
0 likes
VKSSGAArchived member
So all of your problem that you have had with your car, you are blaming on the labour hire place? They are doing there job by placing you in a vacant position, It is not up to them to sus out what kind car you are driving and then find a placement to suit your cars needs.It seems to me that you need to find a car to suit your jobs needs. dud thread! 2 thumbs down...
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
I'm in the same boat dude. I asked my employer to move their premise closer to my house as my thirsty worked V8 drinks too much fuel and I'm sick of wasting money on tolls. I'm still waiting for an answer but I think it'll be along the lines of "get fucked and get a new job if you don't like it" Disclaimer: please note all of the above is sarcasm except the part about fuel and tolls.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
get a bus and leave the vy ss at home. but seriously get a better attitude if you want to hold down a job your dad is right.
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] Well , I've commented on here before about employers snooping around on the weekends and watching what I do Lol yeah, because your employers just love spending their weekends snooping around and watching you. Lay off the crystal meth and your paranoia may ease off. Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] my dad reckons my car isn't the reason I can't keep a job Daddy is right. Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] I was unemployed for 18 months (2010 - 2011) and I am now. - engine is still good ( change the oil & filter every 5000 kms) Good too see your still ontop of your services ;-) centrelinks a wonderful place! You wouldnt happen to be a close relation to iliveover by any chance would you?
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
I cant remember the tea gardens roads being anywhere near what youve described?? Maybe move out of ramo asap lol
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] Well , I've commented on here before about employers snooping around on the weekends and watching what I do , I was unemployed for 18 months (2010 - 2011) and I am now (I've been stood down from Westrac pending an issue , yeah I was going through Labour hire) , well, Joblink plus in Raymond Terrace got me a job up at Tea Gardens which is like 1 hour north of Newcastle , SUM1 doesn't realize that a VY SS Commodore isn't a 4 x 4 , I had trouble getting this through their thick skulls. The road going into the workplace was a total "goat track" , this is what damage it did to my car :- - Cracked exhaust from the cats back (got a new exhaust system & cats fitted after the job after that , which I also got fired from) -Damaged fuel sender unit/worn fuel pump (fuel ran low on a lot of occasions due to being on a low income, replace fuel sender unit) So it's their fault you didnt fuel your car up? - Blocked fuel injectors (replaced the whole set) How can you blame blocked injectors on them? - Stuffed fuel filter (wasn't filtering the fuel, replace fuel filter) The roads fault again, right? - At Pindimar (near Tea gardens) the Great lakes shire council decided to gouge a huge section of road out without blocking it off (they usually get people to use the other lane), drove into that, had a tyre blowout & the R/H strut is now leaking gas, the battery also got knocked out of its holder. - So , on the job after that one (better money) , I got a new set of tyres fitted - Fouled up o2 sensors (replace o2 sensors) Damn employer! - Loose intake manifold bolts, air leak (replace all bolts & gaskets) They probably undid them on the weekend when they were spying on you. - Faulty spark plugs (replace) Your employer must have phoned Bosch and asked them to send you faulty spark plugs and leads. -Faulty leads (replace) - Air leak at purge control solenoid (quick connect fitting wore out due to vibration, replace with fuel hose) Basic wear and tare - Battery was on its way out anyway (replace) Batteries wear out. Changed the coolant in the system,changed all the hoses , all these other things decide to fail afterwards :- Water pump begins to leak from the impeller seal (replace water pump) That pump fails (replace with different brand of pump, still o.k.) Heater valve fails (replace heater valve) Radiator fails (replace) Air conditioning condenser pipe cracks (second one replaced, fit foam underneath the condenser because the plastic clips which hold it wore out up there) Things to still be replaced on it :- Front struts & springs & strut mounts, I did say the right hand one was leaking gas. Rear springs & shock absorbers I will replace both caster bushes , lower control arm bushes and lower ball joints whilst everything is apart, saves doing that later. Sway bar bushes I also went back to a paper air filter from K & N filter because I don't think that that one filters out moisture, had MAF troubles in wet weather, maybe a MAFless tune would fix that but the paper filter is cheaper in the interim. Gotta check the rear axles , I thought I heard CV noise yesterday. The car has done a bit over 260,000 kms on it & the engine is still good ( change the oil & filter every 5000 kms),my dad reckons my car isn't the reason I can't keep a job, but I keep on trying the explain all the abovementioned to a lot of people & they still don't get all of that, a lot of this probably wouldn't have had to be done so soon if the car didn't go through all of that ,yeah I've been trying to tell those employers this for years & they still can't get THAT through their thick skulls !!!. Yeah , it's not like I can go out and spend $55,000 on a brand new VE SS Commodore, what do they expect from me & want me to do ???? I cant actually be bothered going through the rest. You need to maintain your car and stop blaming others that you own a piece of ****. I wonder why you can't keep a job.
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=212627 mate, you are fucking twisted..
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Hahaha fu**k me
0 likes
EpitaphArchived member
This is the best thread on CT. Please dont delete it. Ever. Even if there's a fire. ---------- Post added 09-03-12 at 11:18 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
crowieeeArchived member
AND this guy can't do math! Thanks to luxjet showing this guys other post about his boss, on the 10th of the 2010 Could've only been a maximum 14 months Just wanted to point that out haha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
[T]MattyArchived member
i like how he keeps getting fired, cant see why eh.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,660 threads, 77,473 posts and 959 images saved from CT

31.1% of indexed threads saved