Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Engine Problems

Started by Mdubzz · 22 Feb 2012 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MdubzzArchived member
Afternoon all, Having a couple problems with my engine (RB30) in the VL. It seems to start fine, run quite well for anywhere up to 30 minutes (including driving and as 30 mins is as long as I have been bothered to go for). It's been sitting in my garage for 6 months as I had another project car. The problem is however, when the ignition is turned, the fuel pump is loud and bumpy (for lack of a better word) and when the car is running, it has a tendency (not all the time) to 1. Die completely and not start after idle. 2. Give off signs of it going to die, like failing for a second, then coming back, but if you touch the gas it immediately after it starts to die it will rev then return to a normal idle.. And then will repeat this process unroll it dies completely. Can any one give me a hand, I seem to believe it may be the fuel pump and that it's failing to supply the engine with fuel. Thanks, Mitch.
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
Check your wiring to the fuel pump - make sure there isn't a loose wire. I once had a loose wire - car would cut out if I hit a bump on the road, had to reach under and wiggle the fuel pump wire before it'd prime/start again. If wiring is all in check - i'd replace the pump and see how you go.
0 likes
MdubzzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by InsaneVL Check your wiring to the fuel pump - make sure there isn't a loose wire. I once had a loose wire - car would cut out if I hit a bump on the road, had to reach under and wiggle the fuel pump wire before it'd prime/start again. If wiring is all in check - i'd replace the pump and see how you go. Yeah, I had the same problem with my other VL but it sorted itself out over time. - I had a quick look, the wiring is all plugged in okay. But yeah, I think it's time to replace it. Thanks.
0 likes
MdubzzArchived member
Fuel pump it was.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today14

16,752 threads, 167,877 posts and 1,896 images saved from CT

48.9% of indexed threads saved