Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Vehicle Identity Validation (VIV)

Started by [ILBW8N] · 14 Feb 2012 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

[ILBW8N]Archived member
Hey guys, I bought a nissan silvia s15 about 3 months. I live in Victoria and the car was from South Australia. The car has been in a previously in an accident hit from behind. This is the situation now The car has been past viv a long time ago by the owner in South Australia and I just got a road worthy for the car in Victoria about 3 days ago. I rang up Vic roads and they are telling me that the car has to go through a VIV in Victoria? Vic roads told me some states in Australia have different laws. I wanted to know if you think ill have trouble getting this car on the road I've lost a lot of money on the car because of the ****ed up laws. What came with the car was Pictures of the car in the auctions. Where it was hit damaged and repaired i got about 4 pages of photos. Proof of vehicle Purchase and theres a stat deck. Im stressing if the car doesnt pass viv in Victoria, but apparently the VIV in South Australia is very very strict compare to here. So im guessing thats a good thing but im still very worried about the car i wanted to know if anybody has gone through something similiar or thinks im going to have trouble with the car. Im stuck atm i dont know what to do. I appreciate any help or suggestions. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SL1987Archived member
Just like any VIV as long as you got proof of repair, parts and its been repaired back to factory measurements/requirements you shouldn't have any dramas.
0 likes
darkstarArchived member
speak to a vic viv place
0 likes
ChemicalArchived member
sell it and rid your self of the head ****s to come
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,631 threads, 77,126 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.1% of indexed threads saved