Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hey guys im trying to track down the plugs that went into the holes on the roof of the BT1's when they were no longer used a police vehicles....
they either had plugs put in or where covered to bog I believe....
im just trying to track down a pair of the plugs, but its had when i dont know what the correct name is.
Thanks Guys
0 likes
its just a plastic / rubber plug?
0 likes
ive seen the rubber grommet in the roof and it looks similar to the ones available at bunnings in the screw & bolt section. They have different sizes available but are all imperial.
Do you know what size the hole is?
0 likes
clark rubber has heaps and heaps of hole bungs.
0 likes
I use http://www.spectrumrubber.com.au/
0 likes
my bt1, hope this helps
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngogas
[View Post]
hey guys im trying to track down the plugs that went into the holes on the roof of the BT1's when they were no longer used a police vehicles....
they either had plugs put in or where covered to bog I believe....
im just trying to track down a pair of the plugs, but its had when i dont know what the correct name is.
Thanks Guys
is this for a Vict Police car or not?
0 likes
It's with all vl bt1's
Yeah mate they are the ones in talking about in the pic......
Looks like I might just have to go to bunnings or Clarke rubber to find something that fits
0 likes
Id be putting it in with some butyl mastic or something similar... dont want it to leak a drop
0 likes
13-02-12, 20:00 GMT+10#10 whats ya thoughts on building a bt1 mock and inserting the plug?
0 likes
13-02-12, 20:08 GMT+10#11 A plug should be inserted somewhere Deano, im not sure a rubber plug and a vl roof would be my first thought though. haha
0 likes
13-02-12, 20:13 GMT+10#12 ha ha jase you pissa!bit gay putting a plug in a mock build?
0 likes
13-02-12, 21:45 GMT+10#13 Just do it deano if your going to mock it go all out make it look the real deal
0 likes
14-02-12, 19:53 GMT+10#14 try repco they have them in packs,hanging on the shelf
0 likes
14-02-12, 20:25 GMT+10#15 Deano if your doing a replica then yeah go your hardest, the whole stock bt1 thing just doesnt really do it for me, I only bought mine cause I like the vl in yellow. And its not really stock any more
0 likes
15-02-12, 06:50 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser
[View Post]
Deano if your doing a replica then yeah go your hardest, the whole stock bt1 thing just doesnt really do it for me, I only bought mine cause I like the vl in yellow. And its not really stock any more
We all know yours ain't stock lol yeah I'm trying to build a full stock replica, stickers on roof and all, guess I'm drilling a hole in the roof and putting a plug into it lol
0 likes
15-02-12, 08:22 GMT+10#17 Put the aerial back in for the true chaser look, maybe even plug in the cassette deck to it and smooth the guard.
0 likes