Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

vx ss running lean, please help

Started by B00ST · 5 Feb 2012 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

B00STArchived member
did a full service on my car around a week ago because it felt a lil slugish and sounded like it was running lean. upon charging my plugs i found that it was running lean, every single plug was frosty. Today cruising around feels slugish bad, im thinking maybe intank pump, fuel pressure related. If anyone can shed some light before i take it to get it looked at would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, mark.
0 likes
supps8Archived member
Check the PVC hose that goes to the drivers front of the inlet manifold, they are very common to split on vt2-vy1 & they cause a vacuum leak = lean.. Hope this helps
0 likes
supps8Archived member
Pcv hose****
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
Yeah, I've had bouts of bad fuel in my VY SS Commodore, everything in the fuel system has been changed is I've mentioned in another thread, I bought some from the Shell a week ago and the car was had a rough idle, the weather was wet so some condensation may have accumulated in the tank, it's taken a week to purge all of the bad fuel out,it's taken 2 times to fill the tank up till it started running right. Firstly , I've found a whole lot of hazy fuel in the filter (looked pale) so that suggests that the fuel had moisture in it. Last night , I pulled out the filter again and I still couldn't see through the fuel, other than that, the fuel was clean. Yeah, your best bet is to either take it to Holden or somebody or get a scan tool & fuel pressure gauge and check from there, in mine it was a mixture of these things :- - Dirty fuel filter - Dirty & blocked fuel injectors - Worn o2 sensors - Weak fuel pump/damaged sender unit The long term fuel trim seems to be lower now that I've fitted a paper air filter , Ive done that because I've had trouble with the car misfiring & chugging when it rains, I think that the high flow air filter was letting moisture through therefore shorting out the resistors in the MAF meter , it must've been sucking in water past the left hand headlight.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,662 threads, 100,522 posts and 1,281 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved