Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Help vl 5speed rebuild in Perth

Started by mrblue · 4 Feb 2012 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mrblueArchived member
Hey everyone just chasing some info I have a vl 5 speed that I'm running in My dato it needs a rebuild but I can't use exchange as it has the dato bell housing. If anyone knows a good rebuilder in Perth I'd appreciate it.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
just buy a gearbox from a skyline get and rb25de gearbox if your non turbo or and r33 box if your running a turbo motor - much cheaper than rebuilding a box
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Think u missed the bit that he has a Datto bellbousing adapted to it!
0 likes
DBLDOSEArchived member
It might be cheaper to get a r33 5 speed and an adaptor plate found/made? Just something to consider.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
i thought bellhousings were interchangeable
0 likes
mrblueArchived member
Thanks guys. I'm running a z18et with the 5 speed I've got a veem tailshaft made for it so don't really want to change the box, the box isn't stuffed just worn bearings and I don't have the room or time to do it myself box is out of the car.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
i think you would be looking at about $1k to get it put back in
0 likes
caibsArchived member
perth gearbox diff & clutch centre 133 franciso st belmont 9277 2546 south african dudes that are chill and good at what they do. way cheaper than anyone else. i've had a couple boxes done there, always happy with their work.
0 likes
mrblueArchived member
Cheers Caibs I'll give them a call and see what they can do.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today111

12,221 threads, 95,106 posts and 1,252 images saved from CT

35.7% of indexed threads saved